Monday, April 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

The kids are still on spring break, today was the last day.. they head back to school tomorrow. So today was a slow moving day. This morning Jackson and I took a trip out to Ikea to look at beds. He picked one he likes and hopefully we'll be getting it soon. He is ready to move to a bigger bed -he looks giant on his twin bed and his biggest complaint is the dogs won't sleep with him since there isn't enough room. He mentioned wanting to make some other changes in his room and we are going to work on those too.

It was nice to have a short (2 hour) trip with just him. He is so much more open and talks so much more one on one. When Steven is there, Jackson tends to be more silly or closed off -not as open to conversation. We talked about his upcoming birthday plans, the dinner he wants, his choice of desserts and what friends to invite. I can hardly believe he is almost 10 and getting so much more adult-like. There is still a kid in him (probably always will be) but I am so proud of the tween he is becoming.

At the same time it was weird to drive away and leave Steven at home. He wasn't even out of bed yet when we left and happy to stay behind. Still, a part of me found it odd and yet exciting for him. He is old enough to babysit -he is alone at the other people's house... of course he is old enough to stay home alone -but really? It was somewhat surreal.

Tonight I went to a BeautiControl meeting with our company's vice president of marketing and development. He talked about our new "instant face lift" products and gave us an in depth lecture about whats in them, how they work and why we need them. I didn't need the talk, the proof for me is on my face -how my skin feels and looks. But it was interesting to hear him talk about it and see it all happen right before my eyes. I am always energized coming home from a meeting like that -tonight is no exception. I am thrilled to have BC in my life and to have the amazing opportunity to help other women thru that business.

So back to menu plan Monday -I am planning simple meals to get us back into the eating at home mode.. the last 2 weeks of vacation have taken their toll (everywhere!).

Tonight -Spaghetti with meat sauce
Tuesday - Hamburgers
Wednesday - Chicken Noodles
Thursday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes
Friday- Hot dogs, mac & cheese
Saturday- chicken pot pie
Sunday- meatball sandwiches

0 comments: