So I skipped Menu Plan Monday somehow -although I remember typing the post and clicking it to post yesterday...hmmm. So for those who are anxious to know what we are eating this week...
Monday - Spaghetti, homemade meat sauce, garlic cheddar biscuits
Tuesday- Italian Beef (CP) hoagies, carrot sticks and red grapes (taking this to eat at the baseball field as Steven has a 5 pm game)
Wednesday - Chicken Noodles w/ peas
Thursday - London Broil, mashed potatoes and corn
Friday - Meatball Sandwiches (Jackson has an early game at 5:30)
Saturday - leftovers or Jackson's sleepover buffet of appetizer foods
Sunday - Ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans
So Sunday night Jackson decided to change all his birthday plans around. Instead of taking his friends to see Wolverine (which is PG-13) he has opted to have a sleepover. Unfortunately the only night in the next 6 weeks that was workable between sports was this upcoming Saturday. So I printed invites on decorated computer paper and he gave them out on Monday morning. He is excited to just watch movies, play games and eat appetizer foods. Not bad for me -certainly cheaper than tickets and snacks for 8 kids at the theater. Just a bit of a rush to pull it off -hopefully all will go well.
Monday I spent working on the projects I ignored in my hot, frustrated state on Sunday. I am still not done, but much closer. It was so hot here yesterday (90+ degrees) that by 4 p.m. I had no energy or motivation to work on anything other than laundry, making dinner and desk work. Then it was so hot inside (over 80 at 9pm) that Jonathan & I sat around downstairs (with a slight breeze) watching some shows we had on tivo. He is in training this week so he is getting up a bit later and doesn't need to get to bed early for a 5am wake-up call -so we were up late -like 11:30! It's been a long time since we've done that -but it was fun to watch in the silence and dark.
So I still have a ways to go on my house project... today it is looking much better and I am still hopeful to have it all finished before my friends arrive on Wednesday night! I will be so happy once it is a completed project, as my mind just swirls with ideas and what I'm doing. Of course, Steven has a game at 5, needs to be there by 3:30 and we won't be home until about 7:30 or so...
He just walked in and needs the computer for homework -so I better get going.. Have a great day!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Happy Tuesday!
Posted by Betsey at 2:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dontcha love when they change their minds!
The new plan sounds easier and more stressful all at the same time!
Yeah for Steven's team!!!!
I will come for the spaghetti dinner. My favorite!!! How is my cousin Nancy doing now that she is 60? Tell Jackson I appreciated the Thank you note. it was nice meeting him. Wendy
Post a Comment