Last night Steven had a baseball game. Jackson had been with my parents since Friday night for a sleepover with his cousin. When they arrived at the game, he gave me this rose. It was so sweet a gesture, made my heart take a little leap.

It was a nice night, although there seemed to be a lot of mosquitos out. After the game (which we lost 0-3) Jon & I took the boys to Coldstone. Since Ciera had softball games again today for her tournament, I said yes when Jackson called earlier in the day to ask if Logan could stay at our house. They seemed to be doing well together throughout the game and I was hopeful it would continue. So we all got our ice cream and hung out (them being silly) to eat it -then we headed home. Got the boys settled, teeth brushed and beds ready... they sat down to watch Yes Man and I went to bed.

It was a nice night, although there seemed to be a lot of mosquitos out. After the game (which we lost 0-3) Jon & I took the boys to Coldstone. Since Ciera had softball games again today for her tournament, I said yes when Jackson called earlier in the day to ask if Logan could stay at our house. They seemed to be doing well together throughout the game and I was hopeful it would continue. So we all got our ice cream and hung out (them being silly) to eat it -then we headed home. Got the boys settled, teeth brushed and beds ready... they sat down to watch Yes Man and I went to bed.
This morning turned out to be anything but peaceful. I had lots of plans to finish my organizing project -but it was so hot, I kept getting sidetracked. Between that and hearing "I'm bored," "he doesn't want to do that" and "what can we do" I about lost my mind! I sent them to the park -they were back in less than an hour -it was boring. Jackson wanted to watch tv, his cousin didn't. Logan wanted to go outside and play with his ripstick (and wasn't happy when I forced him to wear a helmet because it's the law in here) and Jackson didn't. Steven was testy with both of them. Things were thrown at one another (near the tv downstairs). I overheard a game of Truth or Dare I'd like to not ever think about again. No one could agree on anything except that they didn't agree. This was strange for me, as my boys are usually quite content to play, watch tv, go out back, etc and I haven't heard alot of the boredom talk before. Now I am wondering if it comes with these ages... and dreading the fact that we finally have a 8 week summer this year. I have to say that it will be miserable if it is like today was. I guess I need to pull out my notebook and start listing things they can do when they are "bored" like sweep the driveway, pull weeds, clean baseboards, stuff like that. I will have to, otherwise I may not survive!
Finally Jackson came to me and asked if they could go to Papa's to swim? This was a couple hours after they said they called G-ma, but she was going to a play. I said probably not, it was late and maybe Papa was taking a nap. He said, no he's not -Logan's talking to him! I was shocked that they called before asking me, but at that point, I just wanted them to have something to do. After my dad assured me it was fine with him, I packed the three of them up and dropped them off at his house --where they went swimming! It's April and they are already swimming -I can hardly believe it. My toes touched the water and that was that, I knew I wasn't going in. From what I hear Jack & Logan swam Friday night.... so this was their 3rd time.
I stopped by Safeway (for a coffee and a few things) and was pleased that the special they were having worked the way I thought it would. I got 10 6 packs of Arrowhead water with Sport tops, 3 Life waters for Jack, 10 Barilla pasta sauce pouches, a ham, 6 ranch dressings, 2 capri suns and a clorox 2... shelf price $126.98, I paid 69 cents and got back $42 in catalinas to use off my next purchase. When the cashier said my saings was 99% the 2 people behind me in line cheered for me! I was so excited, my earlier headache was washed away. Now I just need to find a store that has more pasta sauce pouches --so I can do it again before the sale ends on Tuesday!
So my project remains 4/5 of the way done. I still need to empty my current desk, finish sorting the piles on the floor, clear the bookcases and go to ikea to buy the new computer desk. I am still hopeful that it will be done tomorrow, but I say that knowing I have Tuesday also to get it done. By the time my friends come over on Wednesday night --it will be finished! I can hardly wait. I thought about just continuing tonight and staying up til it was done.... but my eyes are burning tired, so I am headed to bed, ready to start on it in the morning.




2 comments:
Sorry for the trouble-it was not mentioned to us. In fact the all seemed to be doing great when we got there.
I did hear the phrase 'this is boring', but it was used in jest.
These are the things I worry about when they ask to spend too much time together.
I think you both need to remember the boys will be boys. The pool water is a warm 68 degrees (BRR!!) and I said it would be too cold to swim but they wanted to prove me wrong because "they were bored!" Besides, this is our first burst of spring and the change of air pressure is making everyone crazy. Betsey, remember the "pfern" in Germany and the Santa Ana winds. The boys were having fun when I returned home. Its best to use up that energy. I hope they all slept well last night. I look forward to swimmers whenever the mood strikes. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment