Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Karate Promotions....Green Belt w/ a Red Stripe!

Last night Jackson was promoted to Green Belt with Red Stripe! He has worked hard and did very well on his test. It was quite a deal though... we went last Thursday for him to test (he likes us to ALL attend) and no one was there. The person at the community center (which is on the other side of town from us) told us it was actually scheduled to be at the school where he takes class.. this was news to us as he had missed class the week before because his feet were blistered from basketball practice, so apparently we missed the announcement. No biggie, we were quite a bit early, so we had time to get to the school (much closer to our house) but she said that when Sensei got to the school, the room was locked for a school event so testing had been moved to Monday (yesterday) at the community center. Ok.. so we headed home. Then last night we got a call that Sensei had actually improvised and gone ahead with the testing outside, so come to promotions a bit early and he would test the kids who missed it then. Oh, ok... so he took his test 15 minutes before he got promoted... he still did GREAT!

I have to back up and say that I am going to be posting about Thursday (well I guess I just did...) thru the weekend, I just hadn't had the opportunity to pull the photo's off the camera and post because we were busy! My mom questioned last night (as I uploaded a super cute picture to facebook to share with my SILs) if I had abandoned my blog to post on Facebook (something she can't see). I said no, I just hadn't gotten to it yet.. so please, don't lose faith.. today will be full of posts catching everyone up on the last 4 days.

This is how they sit during the ceremony.. you can just see Jackson in the back row.

Lots of us there to watch..Grandma Pat, Papa, G-ma, Iain and us

Quick picture with his grandparents after the ceremony -there is a better one, I accidentally uploaded the silly one!

Jackson & I after the ceremony

Chatting with friends while waiting for their name to be called. The tall one (with his back to us) has been friends with Steven since Kindergarten.

The Kata.. he did so good -he is so precise and crisp in his movements.

Now I have a date to walk with a friend... be back soon to post about birthdays, injuries and the weekend!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: