So here in our house time is flying by... Steven has practice just about every day for baseball. He seems to enjoy it and is learning, which is really all I ask from a sport. He has had to put basketball on hold for the time being, but will pick it back up once the baseball season starts and they are down to 2 games, 1 practice.. vs. 6 days a week practice! Jackson has been focused on his karate and spending time with us. I love that! He wants to watch something, play something, see something or do something with me... not always convienent for what I have to do.. but I make the time because its important, to him and to me.
I left early Thursday morning and flew to Dallas for the BeautiControl Leadership conference. I was dazzled, inspired, overwhelmed and tired by the time I got home Sunday night. After picking me up at the airport, we stopped at the Natomas Sizzler (where they have a FABULOUS! salad bar) and then headed home to bed. I learned so much during my trip - much of it about me and how I view myself. I took away so much, I am really happy I went.
I woke up Monday and knew I was sick. A quick trip to the dr. confirmed strep throat, which she said I probably picked up on the plane to Dallas. 24 hours of antibiotics & rest and I feel alot better (although I also have a lot of to-do's that aren't done!~) I will get done what I can and not stress about the rest!
Tonight I am hosting a Premier Designs jewelry party. I am super excited about the products - having actually worn jewelry every day for the last 10. I am most excited to have a night to hang out with my friends, trying on jewelry and chatting. I am making green pepper soup, chinese chicken salad and will pick up french bread. Simple, but yummy and filling on a cold, wet day.
It is still raining here... it has been since I got home. It is not as cold, maybe because there isn't any wind? but still damp and dark. I feel like spring has to be on its way, right around the corner and I am excited for that.
Steven's team is playing 2 scrimmage games this weekend. I am happy to report that the forecast says it should be 57 degrees and cloudy - but no rain! They are playing 2 strong teams (both had lots of kids return from last year, whereas we had 3/12 returning) and I think that putting them out on the field is the best practice at this point, actual play. The coaches put the kids thru lots of conditioning and drills.. but they have only had the opportunity to practice on a field once because of the rain. Opening day is in 10 days... they don't actually play until the 17th so we have about 2 weeks left.
I feel like my brain is spinning in 15 different directions. I am not sure how coherent this post is.. yet I feel good about having got so much of this info out of my head. I am a big fan of the "brain dump" ... get the info out and written down, then you don't have to think/dwell on it.
Today I need to pick up the house, sweep/mop and run to the grocery store for milk, bread, etc. I am hoping the rain will stay stopped long enough to get the dogs to the park.. they are going a bit crazy inside and even walks aren't getting their energy out. The park doesn't open today until 10 a.m. and I will be there then if there is no rain.. just bring towels to wipe them down before getting back in my van. I am planning to sneak a little nap in if I can.. antibiotics really make me feel tired and a short 45-1 hour nap helps a bunch (it did yesterday).
Wanted to say a late happy birthday to my cousin Chris! Hope everything went great for you on your weekend birthday! (he was born on Feb 29, so they celebrate both Feb 28/Mar 1 on years he doesn't get his actual birthday).. you are a teenager now and that is so hard to believe!! We are thinking of you on the West Coast kiddo!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
A weeks worth of updates...
Posted by Betsey at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment