Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday thoughts...

Well the weekend is coming to an end and I wish it would continue. It has been a nice weekend with few commitments and lots of flexibility. We had opening ceremonies Saturday for little league. Steven's team got a bye and don't play until Tuesday night. We watched a couple of other majors games and I got to visit with people I haven't seen since last season. I do love lazy nights hanging out at the ball field.

For Lent I gave up internet surfing.... there were a few caveats of cours -I still post to my blog, can go to my google reader 1x per day and also can have Facebook up when I am working. But I haven't looked at new blogs, been to messageboards, surfed at all. I find that this has given me more free time and more to think about.

I love the internet, I really do. I find the connections I am able to maintain with friends both here and out of state are wonderful. I have been able to get in touch with friends I had lost touch with and catch up with them after so many years. People from all parts of my life -some I found, others found me. Many are people I thought of often and some are people I hadn't thought about much at all -but the connections are still very real for me. I have had more closure of the past thru Facebook than I have in the last 25 years. At the same time, I feel like it is a time-sucking thing. I get caught up and forget to go to bed. Or start looking at something that leads me on a wild goose chase and an hour later I realize it's been an hour! My experiences have been mostly positive online and I have met lots of people I hope to know for a long time. It has occured to me that thru the internet we can also be connected to people we don't realize. I have become very aware that everything online is public and can be seen by people I don't intend. Whether posting on my boards or my blog, I am always cautious about saying anything that could be hurtful to someone else whether I think they will read it or not. Too many circumstances can lead people to read something and be hurt and I would not want to be responsible for that.

Let's see what else is new... Steven got his report card and ended up with one B the rest As. Now the B was disappointing to him as it was like 89.32 and that is a B, when on the progress report 2 weeks earlier at 89.52 it was an A. He understands that the responsibility is his though, as he failed to remember to retake a test last week and that would have ensured him the A. So he is taking a new trimester as a new opportunity for planning better and remembering homework or test retakes...

Jackson finished his science board today for the science fair. I hope to get a picture and post it tomorrow. I signed him up for basketball and that should start in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow the book fair week begins. I have our menu down I think.. of course it is always subject to changes...

Monday -Carnitas, salad
Tuesday - meatballs & gravy, egg noodles I mean Corned Beef- Happy St Patricks Day!
Wednesday - pulled pork sandwiches, macaroni & cheese
Thursday- chicken pot pie
Friday -grilled cheese and soup
Saturday - Meatball sandwiches
Sunday --Logan's birthday dinner

Hope you all have a wonderful week! I will post as I can:0)

0 comments: