Monday, March 16, 2009

Here's wishing this guy had a special day!

It's not many people in this life I can say "I remember the day you were born" but with my nephew Logan, I can. I remember the day (really the night) vividly. Steven and I were in El Paso, waiting for his arrival. Our plan was that I could be at home with Steven and Ciera when the baby came. Brian and I caught a late night showing of Shakespeare in Love after the kids went to bed. We got back to their house and Cyn was sitting up by the piano. She quietly explained she needed to go to the hospital and it was decided quickly that should Ciera wake, she would prefer her father's company to mine in the middle of the night. While don't remember what time it was clearly, it was after midnight for sure. So off we went to the hospital. Once it became clear that the delivery was coming within a few hours... I headed back to the house and swapped places with Brian who barely made it there in time for Logan to be born. I took the kids over later in the day to meet him. Somewhere there are great pictures of Ciera and Steven holding him, but dangnabit that was before I went digital and I can't put my finger on it in my tired state.


So clearly I can see him, this tiny baby boy who is now not so tiny. I think it is bittersweet, his birthday today -because it signals that all too soon my own little guy will be turning double digits as well.

As I was looking for something I came across this picture over the weekend, and knew I would share it today -I intended it to be this morning, but my morning was not one filled with extra time or memory of needing to blog. (I'll get to that later!)
Logan right after he turned 5.... and right before he turned 10.

Jackson says Logan would be his best friend, except they can't be friends because they are cousins... They have a great time together and a bond that I am certain will last thru time. He is getting more animated and sharing more every time we see him. Such a great kid who I am blessed to have in my life.

Happy birthday Logan! We hope it was every bit as special as you and that you enjoyed every second of it (Jack says "even if you did have your birthday on a school day"). We are excited to celebrate with you this weekend!

On to the more boring stuff.... my day was not the kind you would plan. I had to be at school early (8 am) and had tons to do before the classes started touring the book fair. My coffee tasted horrible. Sometimes this happened, the whole pot just has a bad, metallic taste.. usually only on the days I really need coffee.. then at the last minute, on the way out the door, I remember to put the roast into the crock pot for carnitas. I double checked to make sure I turned it on.. and headed off. School was busy, we had enough volunteers and at 11 I mad a quick trip home to let the dogs out and pick up a notebook. When I got home I thought it was odd that I didn't smell the dinner cooking -well, turns out I forgot to PLUG IT IN! Geesh. I was so not surprised based on how my day had gone so far... So we ended up eating out and the carnitas just finished cooking (has to cook on low for 10-12 hours) and we will have that on Wednesday instead.
It was a long day by the time I got home at 4.. got the kids homework done, took the dogs to the park, dropped Steven at baseball practice, went to dinner, came home and checked work emails/assignments, placed a beauticontrol order, confirmed my spa for next week and now I am blogging. Then I am going to bed, so I can do it all again tomorrow... except we have to add that Jackson has karate and Steven has a 7:30 pm game --the start of his season!!! As much as I am looking forward to the game, I know it will mean a really late night for us all....4 days left to go in this crazy busy week.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cyn said...

Logan was a little bummed about it being a school day, and a Monday to boot!