Wednesday, March 25, 2009

4th grade Science Fair.... check


So the science fair is over! This was a fun project for Jackson. He seemed to really enjoy every step of the process, including making his science project board. It was an entirely different experience for me that when Steven had science fair projects -it was nice for him to be an interested participant. He used lots of my scrapbook stash in making the board, but he thought out every portion and made sure each part of the board was exactly as he wanted it to be. He was pleased he got 35/35 on the board and 98% on the project overall.

So this week has passed quickly.. let's see what happened....

The book fair is over! We sold over $11k in books in a week and surpassed our goal of $9k --which makes me pleased as punch for my final go-round as the chairperson! I feel a let-down about giving it up.. had a meeting today with the new chairpeople and it seemed strange, almost like I am going thru a grieving process. It has been a part of my life, twice a year, for 9 years. Hard to let go of, but relieved to let it go. Handing over my binder and box of stuff made it seem so real... so very real.

I had jury duty. What a pain. Call in, wait, call in, wait, call in, excused. So I completed my service and am happy about that. I wanted to actually go and participate, it seemed like fun and I would enjoy seeing the process... but not this time.


Saturday I headed to weight watchers and logged a 3.2 pound loss for the week. I have started doing the Jillian Michaels Shred workout DVD and it is making a difference! I can't wait to see how the results play out after 30 days. I am enjoying it -so that makes all the difference. I have lost a total of 49.3 pounds since June. I am really seeing it now in clothing sizes, my confidence and how I feel about myself. I am so glad that I finally got to the place where it was important for me to do this for *me*. I feel so blessed by my family and how supportive they are of the changes we are making and the habits we are learning.

Steven's baseball season is off to a not so good start. He is playing well -but his team has lost all 3 games they played last week. We have a little bit of a break --played last Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.. now they don't play again until Thursday. He has pitched, played 3rd and outfield. He made some good plays, pitched well and has hit at most of his at bats. As usual he makes the pitcher throw alot of pitches, working the count and definitely is not an easy out. He only struck out once out, which is great. I wish I could remember more details, I will try to be better at blogging after the games.. but they are all at 7:30 and not over til close to 10 -at which point I usually just want to go to bed. It is hard with those late games on school nights, because we all still have to be up and going early regardless. What I do remember is that my kid has the best attitude! He is really turning out to be a leader on his team -always cheering the batter on, making positive comments to others and really doing his best to facilitate them working as a team. It has been noticed by others too. He is also making an effort to better his own batting. He and his dad are headed to the batting cages everyday.. he must really want to see that home run I know he has in him!

The boys went home with their cousin after the game Saturday and stayed on Sunday all day. We got there to celebrate Logan's birthday about 3 with a family dinner. The food was yummy and everyone seemed to have a good time. The boys were very excited about the World Tour game for the Wii (my husband included).. it was fun to watch. Ciera and I took a little girl time in her room and played with the new beauticontrol mineral makeup. She liked it as much as I do --and is getting so good at putting it on! I was awed at how grown up and girly she is.. I had alot of fun with her!

Since the boys were gone, we had a peaceful night at home (doing laundry) and then went out for breakfast on Sunday -my favorite meal out!~ We found a new little local cafe (new to us, apparently it's been there forever) that we really like and it was great to just have some time together not talking about the kids.

Monday Jackson came home not feeling good -his allergies are catching up with him as the weather is warm, hot, cold, warm, cold, warm. Plus I think he was tired from a long weekend. I had a ton of work to catch up on with the quarter about to end and the book fair the week before.. but I set it aside once he got home and we watched some tv and talked and read. He is loving the Twilight books -on book 3 now and I love that he wants to talk to me about the book and what's going on it. If only I could remember! I need to reread -so I can keep track of what happened in which book! He was so disappointed that a kid in his class (who hasn't even read the books) told him that they get married.. he asked some questions and I had to tell him he was straying dangerously close to plot points -did he really want to know. He said no. It's so hard to read something and not have it spoiled, I want him to enjoy the anticipation of the book -those books are good at that.

Tuesday I worked and worked, then met my husband for lunch. We headed to our favorite Mongolian BBQ restaurant and enjoyed a nice lunch together. Then I met up with a friend to drop something off to her and she helped me pick out some new shirts in my new size! That was fun!!! Then home, homework for them, work for me. Made dinner and off to karate Jack & I went. I was surprised when my MIL walked in to watch -Jackson was thrilled! I guess he invited her at his brothers baseball game and she didn't know that it was ok to come to watch. We ended up going to Dairy Queen afterwards to have dessert and talk. I was surprised to hear Jack say to his grandma that he is going on a trip with his other grandma to New Jersey. He was so animated and excited -I really enjoyed seeing that. Plus he told her that he is going only a few weeks before his birthday -so maybe he'll get to have a party there. My mouth dropped open because that was the first I had heard of that. I explained that his birthday was still several weeks away and I didn't want him to get his hopes up about that.. he said that he wouldn't, but didn't I know he was going to be 10? That's an important birthday like my grandma whose gonna be 60 this week. My MIL was laughing out loud and I could tell she was enjoying seeing me squirm -but hey, it's better to know what they are thinking sometimes, right? LOL

Today seemed to rush by in a flash.. I worked, took the dogs to the park and met Jon's cousin Michelle for lunch. I love spending time with her -she is so genuine and real, always positive and sunny. I have missed her and am so glad we have re-connected. We discovered that we both still like to scrapbook -so I am hoping she will join me to scrapbook soon! Then home for the book fair meeting, kids came home... Jackson had a playdate with one of the kids from school, Tanner. Tanner is a really cute kid, hi is autistic but they get along really well. Tanner comes into Jack's class for library, music, computers and Jack is one of the helper kids. He also goes about 1x a month to Tanner's house with a play therapist -they are working on teaching him socialization, it helps to have other kids there. Jack really enjoys it and thinks the hour goes too fast. Today they played cosmic catch, trouble and nerf ball. Then I made dinner and Steven went to baseball practice. Jackson and I took the dogs to the rabies clinic for vaccines... it took us 45 minutes, but was just $5 each -where out vet charges $50 ==so we saved $90! I was so happy he went with me as River barked and barked, I don't know that I could have held onto both of them the whole time we waited. I got home and my mom was waiting outside to take me to book club.

Now I am home and tired! My mouth has been so dry all night, I have had several glasses of water, but can't seem to quench my thirst. I don't know why, but I must finish this up and get some more water and then I am headed to bed. This post got waaaaaay long, but at least it is all out of my head! Maybe now I can sleep?

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cyn said...

Any time you want to experience the mall with a 12 year old girl you just let us know-it's a little overrated.

Science board looks great Jack!