Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October 1.. the final quarter of the year begins

Today was another busy day. I left right after the kids did and took the doggies to the park. Then brought them home, fed them and checked emails/did some work. I left then to meet my friends and scrapbook. I had sent some pictures over to Walgreens (so I could use some of my "free" money coupons to buy them) and so I picked them up and I was on my way. I made myself a small album "My Life Right Now" with some pictures and thoughts that stood out to me. I like it. It is simple, not elaborate like other projects I've done as I am still working my way back into being creative -but it's done and it's mine.

After the kids got home they did homework and played on the computer. Actually, Steven & I watched 90210 first, then he did those things. Then we headed out to dinner -Chinese. The food was good and reasonably priced. We had a good time. Then dropped of the laptop I just picked up (wireless doesn't work now) and made a quick run into Walmart for some groceries I needed to get.

Once home the kids went off to do their own thing, and Jon & I sat down to watch the season premiere of one of our favorite shows ..Friday Night Lights!!!! DirectTv made some kind of deal that kept the series alive, the shows are only airing on directv right now, but will be shown on NBC in January. I LOVE this show and was so excited to see it back tonight and WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!!! 53 minutes of pure show bliss.

So for those of you who have mentioned how late I am posting.. I am currently in a quandry.. I am taking cold medicine to control my sinus pain, stuffy nose and scratchy throat (weather change related I think) and it keeps me up. So I take it and feel good, but can't sleep... or I can not take it and sleep, but then I can't breathe. It is a horrible choice to make, so I have chosen to breathe clearly with only 4-5 hours sleep a night for the last 5 days. I figure I am going to have to sleep eventually --right? Mornings are hard, really hard (thus the blogging at night), but once I am up and going, I feel fine, not really tired at all. Right now I am starting to feel tired, but still wired... hopefully I will be asleep within the hour... fingers crossed!

Steven is playing 2 scrimmage games this weekend in preparation for their tournament next week. These will be his first glasses free games - so we'll see how the contacts fair in game play. One week until basketball tryouts .. in middle school they get to participate in school sports. 6th grade the choices are: Track, Cross Country and Wrestling --so he passed. 7th grade: same as 6th plus Basketball and Flag Football. He has been waiting for Basketball for over a year -now tryouts are almost here.

Jack has been drawing more often again... he seems to get lost in the process. He is using his book and following the directions and the results are clear -he is getting better and better. Here is the one he made for me today after dinner. He has started playing on Club Penguin again, Webkinz seems to be out. He says that he is dreading the 5 hours in the heat on Sunday while Steven plays baseball..

1 comments:

Cyn said...

Tell Jack to keep the faith that the weather guy will be right and it won't actually be hot on Sunday. I know my fingers are crossed!