Today I am feeling much better. Still coughing (I have a tickle in my throat that won't go away) but overall MUCH better. Antibiotics are amazing.. 24 hours and I am back to my normal me.
So last night I went to a home party my SIL had for DeMarte. This is bakeware/kitchen stuff made from silicone in France. The silicone is made from spun glass. But the muffin pan -it is bendable and soft, pliable like rubber. It is really non-stick and easy to clean!!! I am super excited and can't wait for it to get here in 2 weeks! We had meatloaf (made in the muffin pan), pumpkin cheesecake, roasted veggies (so easy, just on the pan --no oil or anything --10 minutes in the oven!) and there was also a jello mold. The products really are amazing -revolutionary. I have been a pampered chef junkie for over 10 years -my kitchen is full of gadgets and stoneware. I love using the baking stones, but I may decide I like these pans better! The storage would be easier, the clean up is certainly easier and wow -they were neat! I said I might have a party.. so we'll see what happens once I use the products a bit.
Today I slept in (Nyquil at 1 a.m. to stop my cough helped) until 9:30 and then left to go to lunch with my mom & the Red Hats. We went to the Tower Cafe in downtown Sacramento) and I must say the French Toast was out of this world! I would go back there for that again. Then we went to the new Caberet to see Forever Plaid. Full of music of the 50s and 60s it was a fun show. I enjoyed the afternoon.
Then I got home, expecting to smell my crockpot dinner... arghhhh. but I didn't plug the pot in!~ So we had KFC instead after a trip to the dog park. Now I am off to take a hot bath and watch the Starter Wife ... which premiered yesterday I think.... I enjoyed the mini-series last year, so I am hoping the series is just as good.
I finished the 3rd Twilight book last night.. still engrossed in the story. I found out there is going to be a movie and made tentative plans to see it with my niece and SIL --these type of movies are way more fun if you see them with someone else who loved the books/story. So I am just waiting for Ciera to finish book 4 and then I will be reading that one too.
My family stayed home last night and today.. relaxing and hanging out. I hear that the Nebraska game was good (although they lost in overtime) and hockey season has started as well. These are the days they like, no structure, no schedule, just playing and being.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
24 hours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Ah -- your hung up on the Twilight books -- Stephen, Cora and Gennie have all read them and are begging me to read them before the movie comes out. It's not often that my kids are begging me to read their books.
Vickie
Post a Comment