So this week turned out to be super busy. Once Jonathan's birthday came and went, I had lots of work to do (still trying to finish by Tuesday so I can be off til January!), laundry, cleaning, and grocery errands. On top of that we had karate tests (he did great!), basketball games and regular kid stuff in addition to a trip to the DMV to renew our drivers licenses and car registration (which required a smog check).
So with the week behind us... we sat down last night and watched the Dark Knight (which we gave Jon for his birthday). Steven was babysitting, but got home mid-movie (just in time for the good part, he says) and sat down with us to watch. We spent the rest of the evening with them watching shows they all watch (and think are funny, but I don't) and me in my chair reading House Rules A memoir, by Rachel Sontag. It is a disturbing book in many ways.. about growing up in a house with verbal/mental abuse, but quite well written anf vivid. I feel sorry for the author -no one should have to live that way, especially not a child.
Then this morning, bright and early we were up and ready to go to the school for Jackson's choir and recorder performances. The first was choir at 10:30... we left a bit early to stop and buy the santa hat and they had to be there early too. I caught this picture of Steven and his friends (Kevin and Josh) whose siblings were also in the choir right after their trip to the snack bar. This picture really is a true reflection of them and their goofiness when they are together. They have all know each other and been friends since Kindergarten and he spends most of his time with them still. They are great kids and I enjoy watching them just hang out together.
This is the best picture we got --this is the recorders part of the performance.
The choir sang about 8 songs, including one in spanish, one for Kwanzaa and one for Channukah. Choir is an optional club at school. The kids go for 1/2 an hour early one day per week to participate. The choir will be performing at a Rivercats game in May -which we will attend.
Recorders are required for all 4th graders. They learn them during music time in class. They did 4 songs on the recorder today and did an excellent job.
Then Jack and I headed to my mom's for a red hat luncheon. We had lunch, an ornament exchange and tea. A fun time was had by all (even Jack, who crashed the party) and we stopped to pick up Boston Market on our way home for dinner. I am thrilled that I don't have to cook now -we've eaten, have enough meatloaf and chicken for lunch tomorrow too -and all I have to do is clean up the kitchen.
Tonight we are all planning to watch Fred Claus....so I must be going now to get ready for that.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Super Saturday
Posted by Betsey at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment