Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Ciera!!!


Today is my neice's 12th birthday! She is growing to be such a lovely young lady. I really enjoy spending time with her and listening to her take on things. She is confident in her likes and dislikes, but doesn't like to make decisions. She loves candy and is not so fond of cake. She likes fruit and salad, but not meat. Today she planned to go to the movies --hopefully she liked what she saw!We hope she had a special day, she deserves it! Happy Birthday!!!


Well it's Monday again. Yesterday Steven's friend came over and they played while I went shopping (Jonathan was home) with my friend. When I got back, we taught Josh how to play Skipbo and played for a couple of hours. It was fun playing with them, just hanging out and playing cards. Then they asked if Josh could spend the night, Jon said it was ok with him so I took the boys over to his house to get his stuff. We stopped by Walgreens on the way back and I got 12 bags of Hershey Kisses and 8 bags of mint candy for 72 cents. Now the problem is I didn't need any candy!!!! Oh well.

The boys stayed up watching dvd's of Friends and I went to bed about 11. This morning we all slept in until 9 and then I headed out to Weight Watchers. I knew this hadn't been a "good" week. I had lasagna, garlic bread, chinese, pizza, bacon and lots of sweets, not to mention since it is cold I hadn't been drinking enough water... so I was ready to gain about 2 pounds, but secretly hoping for a loss of .2! I was lucky and the gain was only about a pound and I am poised to do better this week. Also last week -I didn't exercise at all.... I think that was the biggest reason for the gain. But I have come to realize that with this lifestyle change comes the need for flexibility. I know my body will go thru ups and downs depending on salt intake, exercise amounts and water.... I am ok with that. I didn't freak out. I didn't even consider skipping the meeting or not weighing in. I was willing to take the responsibility for the fact that I didn't track my food this week and I ate whatever sounded good. To me, that is the biggest step! I understand that it is all under my control and I choose to relax my week and be on vacation. Now I have to step it up and stay on program....also my choice.

Today we went with my mom to see Marley and Me. It was a heartwarming movie that made me cry. I didn't know my mom was unfamiliar with the story's ending (which I will not mention in case you are planning to see it and also unaware) and so she was caught a bit of guard (as was Steven). It really made me think about my dogs and how much I love them. As crazy as they make me (Sammy) I wouldn't trade them for anything. When we got home, Jack asked again about when we are going to training with Sammy (January) and said "I can't wait to be his master" all I could say is "we'll see son, we'll see"... It is great to see that he wants to be the one to help Sammy learn and is open to teaching him, knowing it will take lots of time and patience.

That brings me to my photo share... I love this shot I got the other day.. totally Jack!



Menu Plan Monday

Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Turkey Pot Pie
Wednesday: Shepards Pie
Thursday: Mac & Cheese and Ham casserole (new recipe)
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Chicken
Sunday: Roast Beef

have a happy week!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

techboycs said...

I love all those things...