So it has been slow going with me getting on the computer. I have been busy reading, watching movies and catching up with my friends. The boys have been playing lots of Baseball Mogul on the computer and I hate kicking them off..... so finally here is my blog post about Christmas.
Jackson knocked on our door at 5:12 a.m. (after being awake still at 1:45 a.m.) and Jonathan got up. They waited until 7 to wake Steven and me. So I got up, got a hot cup of coffee and cuddled up on the couch with my blanket, my camera and Sammy. We took our time opening our gifts. Steven requested that instead of each of us taking a turn opening a gift that we hand them out, then one at a time open all our gifts. We all agreed, and Jackson went first.
He got a Sock Monkey (from his dad) which he LOVED! From Santa he got a camcorder and from Steven an i-Dog. I got him an artists studio box. Plus he got some books, several Star Wars sets and 2 Metallica shirts. He was thrilled with everything.
Then Jonathan opened his which we had picked off his wishlist --so he was happy with it all.
Then Steven's turn came and he opened his.... Santa gave him a new bat for little league, I got him a Bo Jackson throwback Raiders jersey, Jack got him 2 seasons of The Office on dvd and his dad gave him Bullseye Baseball (which he has played alot!).
I was thrilled with my gifts when it was my turn. Jackson got me a new down pillow (king size) and I LOVE it!!! Steven got me some new polarfleece sheets -which are FANTASTIC! and Jonathan got me a new scanner (really wanted it!), a hat and scarf I liked, some comfy lounge pants, some stamp sets from Technique tuesday and a great AMM purse (with space for me to put pictures in). It was way more than I could have expected and I am very happy with everything.
I asked the boys to pose by the tree for a picture ... and they obliged:
After presents we had oven pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Then later my parents came for lunch/dinner and we had ham, scalloped potatoes (in the crockpot!), mashed potatoes with gravy, peas and rolls. Simple, but yummy! We played some games, the kids showed their gifts and we all just hung out for a while. This picture of Jack was taken DURING a game.. he took a little 30 minute power nap -the lack of sleep caught up with him...
My lack of sleep caught up with me and I headed to bed at 7:30, taking a hot bath and watching Christmas with the Kranks... the boys joined me mid-way thru the movie and I finally went to sleep when it was over around 9.
We had a relaxing and happy day on Christmas. It was everything I could have hoped for. The temperature here was 63 degrees outside -so the boys were able to play outside some too -which was great.
Friday was a easy-going day to. We all slept in and then just relaxed. I took the dogs to the park and had a great talk with my aunt in my cell while I was there. Then we went out for Chinese and headed to see Bedtime Stories -which we all really liked. Then back home and Logan came for a sleepover -the boys had a good time and kept busy until he left around 5 today... so all in all -a great couple of days just spending time with our family.
Today I went shopping with a friend for a few hours. We hit the mervyns that is closing where everything is 90% off. I spent about $50 on clothes/shoes/underwear for various members of the family --the receipt says my savings were $746!! We had a good time just being out, no rushing, just enjoying each others company.
I just realized I forgot to call my sister in law today for her birthday -I will have to do that tomorrow... Lori if you are reading this -know we talked about you several times today and hope you had a very special day -you deserve it. Happy Birthday!
Today
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Christmas Day
Posted by Betsey at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment