I know it's only Sunday, but I feel like my weekend was really Friday/Saturday this week. I had the BEST time with my friend Teresa.
She came from Utah to teach at our local scrapbook store Friday and then was teaching in San Jose (about 2 hours away) on Saturday. I offered to drive her and hang out --and was gleeful when she accepted. We met many years ago when I was teaching (and repping) and she was teaching (and designing) for one of the companies I was a rep for . Early on I found that we have many things in common and know that I always looked forward to seeing her at shows and events. That is one of the things I really miss about the scrapbook world -when I left my job as a rep, while I knew it was the best choice for my family, I lost my real life contact with so many wonderful people I had met. Seeing someone every couple of months is great -but once you have been seperated for awhile, it gets harder to be in contact.
I have shared some of my weight struggles here before. One of the worst side effects of the extra weight was the toll it took on my confidence and self-esteem. I found myself not contacting people after I left my job, thinking "why would they remember/want to hear from me." While I know now that was *my issue* I am so thankful to know that wasn't the case. In fact, I mentioned this to Teresa and she said that I always seemed so confident -which was really me acting that way, not how I truly felt inside. It is yet another reason I am so happy to be on the path to a healthier (and happier) me.
Anyway, I took Teresa's class on Friday (will share once I get the pictures in this week) and then since Saturday's class was sold out, I used her idea (a recipe scrapbook) and her paper line and created on of my own (also will share once I finish it). I am so pleased with how my projects turned out and to be feeling the creative energy flowing... she is so inspiring to me creatively. I am always blown away with how real her journaling is -how heartfelt, not just retelling a story/event, but conveying her feelings. It is something I work hard at, making my journaling real and true.
So here is Teresa and me on Saturday after only 4 hours sleep and 8 hours of classes.
I thought I should snap a picture of my creative mess on Saturday -I sat in the back of the room when I wasn't helping and just went to town working on my project.. I can't wait to share it!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
This weekend!
Posted by Betsey at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time. It's always nice to reconnect and recapture your enthusiasm for something.
Post a Comment