So we have made it thru a couple days of summer break.. I won't refer to it as a vacation so that I don't make my hubby feel like he is missing something by going to work.
Steven is settling in well, actually making plans with friends -which makes me happy. I worry sometimes that he is a bit too unsocial -he rarely initiates outings or getting together with friends during the school year. I can understand I guess -he has so little time to just "be" - between school, homework and sports there isn't much time left over. So it is nice to see him going out and spending time just "being" with his friends.
Jackson is having a tougher time. He is a bit off balance from the schedule change and the lack of a schedule really. This year seems tougher for him, he wants to just play with his brother, but his brother keeps taking off! He told me tonight in the car that he wants to go to a friends everytime Steven goes somewhere -but doesn't want to think it out in advance. We don't plan much for him in advance, because inevitably he wakes up that day no longer wanting to do whatever is planned. Which stinks all the way around.. for him if he is forced to follow thru with the plans, for the other kid if he cancels and for me figuring out which way to go. So we tend to work on a go with the flow system with him.. but that may not work this year. I feel like I am walking down a whole new path and there are lots of rocks right in the way....
The boys had a sleepover with their cousins Monday night and returned home last night tired but happy. Jack was unenthusiastic about eating dinner and heading right out to karate, but he was a trooper and did it (grudgingly on the way there) and finished with a smile, happy he went. I got some work done, made a bit more progress on the living room and met my husband right after work at 3 to catch a matinee of The Hangover... not my type of movie really, but it had some funny parts.
We have made it thru 3 days of our menu -totally on track! I did see some of the cantaloupre and strawberries were going soft, so I sliced them and put them in the freezer for smoothies. I am thinking we might not make it until the farmers market Tuesday with the fresh fruit that we have -we may have to supplement with some canned or frozen fruit or stick with bananas (since I buy those every other day anyway).
Jackson and I are going to make some banana bread today, after he goes to the free movie with his g-ma. They are going to see Doogal .. which he has seen, she has not. Steven passed (he says once was enough) and I am hoping to get further with my work (quarter ends next week) and my living room project. I am excited that he is enjoying cooking -he seems to remember the rules and doesn't need constant reminding (as someone else did) as he cooks. I hope we get alot of cooking/baking time in this summer -it's great for him to learn.
I guess that's about all I've got... I need to finish my coffee (yes this post is live today..LOL) and get Jack ready to go to the movies...Happy Wednesday to you all!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Settling into our break...
Posted by Betsey at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I made banana muffins on Friday and no one will eat them, not even your boys. I've found them delicious though.
The Lincoln farmer's market starts this Thursday if you're interested-downtown 6:30-8:30 I think.
Logan doesn't have too much planned out for 'daytime', so feel free to give us a try with short notice-especially if you'll drive :)
Post a Comment