Schools out, sports are finished and we are officially on summer break! I tried to post this yesterday -but blogger wouldn't connect to Picassa .. so it's a day late, oh well. Steven got out of school at noon and was home in time to watch the Giants game. Jackson got out at 12:50 and I had agreed to pick him up. So I went to the grocery store and then to his school -got a spot right in the front of the school, and waited. At 1:03 I was really wondering where he was, and I remembered he had said pick him up in the court --so off I went. I pulled up outside the court, but didn't see him, so I wondered if he walked home? I went home, he wasn't there, so I drove back out on the neighborhood streets to the court and found him walking, upset. He had been in the court and decided to walk home... he got a few houses and saw me pull up on the street -so he ran towards me, but I drove away (because I didn't see him) so he started to walk. I felt so bad about this. He was not happy and I knew it was my fault. I apologized and he said its ok, but it really wasn't. He settled down when we got home and about 15 minutes later I saw the above picture opportunity -Jackson was showing Steven his yearbook. It was a nice moment (can I saw sweet when it involves boys over 10?)
Then we left to meet their dad at Leatherby's! We all enjoy their ice cream and it seemed a great way to say goodbye to the busyness of school and sports... I meant to take pictures before we ate them -but forgot. Steven had a root beer float, Jackson had a banana hot fudge split, Jonathan had a black & white (chocolate & vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and marshmallow) and I had a small black & tan (toasted almond ice cream with hot fudge and caramel). I was happy to learn a couple times ago that they can make a half size black & tan -so I don't have to feel bad about leaving over 1/2 uneaten -since no one in my family will share the sundae with me (unlike my friends!). Jack's empty dish
So now it is Friday and it was nice to not have to get up and get going early. Jackson was up first, because when I came down at 8:30 he told me he'd been down here a long time. Steven just woke up when Josh called about 20 minutes ago to invite him over (with a couple of other kids) and he is getting ready and cleaning up his room. Jackson is upset now that Steven gets to go to Josh's again... I tried explaining that sometimes he needs to let his brother go --and he can't always go to. He ran upstairs and slammed the door... didn't I just say welcome summer? yeah right. I know it is hard for him because Steven & Josh have been friends a long time and their brothers were almost always included ..but they are almost 13 and want some space --which is understandable to me, but not Jack. I offered to take him to a movie, the mall or have a friend over --he is currently not having any of that.. he is just upset.
I am excited that a friend emailed they are having a big garage sale in their neighborhood tomorrow and she invited me to come and bring stuff --so I am off to work on that now.. everything else can wait for today --I have to pull lots of stuff to get out of my house.. whatever doesn't sell -is going straight to goodwill... I am very excited about that opportunity to work hard today & have it gone tomorrow!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Summer Vacation is here!!
Posted by Betsey at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Logan's free after 4 if Jack wants to come. We have to leave in the morning for Tahoe, but not before 8 or 9 (I don't think).
Logan was fussing last week when Ciera got to do a few things in a row and he didn't.
I think it's going to be a LONG summer!
Post a Comment