Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I think I will call this Tiring Tuesday

So I came home from San Jose this weekend feeling tired and had a scratchy throat. I am sorry to say that it has not really improved. I woke up this morning and could barely talk! Thankfully the boys spent the night with my parents, so it was just me that I had to worry about. Since I had a doctor's appointment scheduled (and Steven had one later in the day also) so I had to get going.. I just didn't move very quick most of the day. Mainly I felt like everything was pretty much in slow motion.

My appointment was with my dermatologist. She removed 4 "atypical" moles and is sending them for biopsy. I find the whole procedure: making the appointment, waiting to go, going and waiting fo results to be terrifying. She assured me that at least 2 of the 4 are absolutely not anything as they were a different kind. But the other 2? Just have to wait and see... One was the mole above my lip, so now I am sporting a band aid right smack in the middle of my face. I have a plan though (thanks mom!) and tomorrow I am replacing the ugly hospital band aid with one of my own -a disney princess one! At least if I catch a glimpse of that one, it will make me giggle.

We are desperately in need of a complete grocery shopping day. I have picked up fresh fruit, things I need for dinner for a few days now and it shows that we are understocked. Tomorrow hopefully I will make it to Sams and the grocery store to complete my "needs" shopping. That's different than stopping today at Safeway with Steven for buns, potato salad (still don't know how to make it) and an onion and ending up with 10 bags of goldfish, 2 packages of cookies, bananas and the buns, potato salad and onion.

I have to say that I think the heat is to blame for my lack of grocery shopping - I mean, who really wants to go out in 100+ heat? Not me, that's for sure. I like to hibernate during the hot part of the day in my house. I usually think -well, I'll go out tonight when it cools down, but by then I'm tired. A viscious cycle I tell you!

No it is 9:41 p.m. and I could go to bed... but instead I am going to stay up (hopefully about an hour) to finish my reports for work -then in the morning it won't matter if I am tired, I will have no work that HAS to be finished. So night-night everyone, hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I just made it to Safeway tonight, home at 11:15. I had planned to do it for the last 3 days. I understand the issues.

Anonymous said...

So...I need to teach you how to make potatoe salad -- pretty easy and yummy -- I have the potatoes boiling right now for our weekend salad. Rest up and get better....

Vickie