Saturday, June 06, 2009

Field Day

Jackson's school has activities scheduled everyday from Thursday of this week to next Thursday when they have a minimum last day. That makes for a busy schedule for me because of course I want to go to everything. That is a stark contrast to the 0 events we have been invited to at Steven's school -so I want to enjoy all the activities while I am still allowed and wanted there.

I have been working to finish the 2nd quarter for our company by the time they get out -so we can enjoy our first 2 weeks of vacation without me trying to work (I get grumpy from the distractions) while they are home. I am working on finishing my decluttering/rearranging projects in the house before they are home. I am launching my new jewelry business. I am spending 2 hours every day at activities at Jack's school -which leaves only 3 hours to get all this done, because we are also sport crazy right now. It is like the school doesn't realize how much we parents try to cram in while the kids are still there! LOL. If you think I am kidding .. here's how our week lays out:

Steven had his ball game on Thursday, Jackson had a basketball game Friday (which they won 37-20), he has a tournament today (3 games 11:10, 1:20 and 4:35) while Steven is babysitting 9-4 and then has a baseball game at 7. Sunday Steven has baseball practice. Monday is Academic Awards assembly and my jewlery party, Tuesday Jackson has his class party and karate; while Steven has his Sunsplash field trip and a baseball game at 7:30, Wednesday Jack's school has a lunch BBQ and then he has a basketball playoff game at 6:30(yeah they made playoffs!), Thursday will be more karate and another baseball game (if they win Tuesday) -plus it's the last day of school!

I am so looking forward to Friday morning -when our schedule clears and relaxing with my boys is the schedule for every day!!

That said, today was 4th grade Track & Field day. I wanted to see Jack's events -but couldn't commit to the 3 hour time frame, so I said I would go for 1 hour and be happy with what I got to see. I ended up staying 1.5 hours -but saw 3/4 events!

He did hurdles....one is the test and one is the actual time -but I loved the pictures from front & back.. and his finish with his teacher and vice principal looking on....



Co-ed Relay (they came in 3rd/7!!) He ran the first part..


and a Boy Relay.. but I didn't get a shot of that one because it was all the way on the other side of the field that he ran in one of the middle legs.

I am so proud of how hard he worked to get ready and that he chose to participate in so many events. This was a great, active day and the kids seemed to have alot of fun...success!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Nothing like my week of sleeping in and eating ice cream :)
I'm pretty sure my kids would not have chosen to participate so much.

Queenie327 said...

The pictures are sooo Jack. Looks like he had fun!