I planned to spend all of Wednesday cooking meals to go in the freezer (dinner and breakfast) but Jackson had a surprise trip to the dentist (where they pulled a tooth-ouch) and that threw my day off -but I persevered! Instead of muffins, banana bread plus 18 meals --we ended up with 13 meals -I won't complain -it's 13 homemade meals, ready to go!
I had to make 2 extra trips to the store because I thought I could "wing it" and didn't double check that I had everything before hand. I am usually much more anal about that -but I tried to fly by the seat of my pants and it didn't work. After the 2 trips to the store (which I timed with dropping off at school and the dentist...) I realized at 6 pm that I was out of the heavy duty foil to wrap the last 4 meals!!! Yikes, into the fridge they went and I will get foil today -I was not going back out again. Needless to say, this morning I have already made the list, crosschecked the recipes and will be sure to have everything I need tomorrow for chicken day!
It was my ground beef day... so I made 3 meals of meatballs and gravy (with egg noodles); 2 Shepards Pies (homemade mashed potatoes even) and 3 baked ziti. Plus I have 5 meals worth of ground beef already cooked with onions and garlic for spaghetti or sloppy joes or ??
I used 15 pounds of ground beef ( 93/7 I got on sale! for $1.49 per pound!!!!) to make all these meals. In addition, I made up 10 pounds of mashed potatoes ( a few for side dishes) and I have enough homemade spaghetti sauce for 2 meals plus tonight!!
So Wednesday was good, today I scrapbook and tomorrow is my chicken cooking day! I am hoping to get the baking done tomorrow early since they say it will be 95 degrees here by the end of the day and I really want to get some muffins and coffee cakes in the freezer.
Meatballs, egg noodles and homemade gravy --Steven was upset this wasn't for dinner last night!I had to make 2 extra trips to the store because I thought I could "wing it" and didn't double check that I had everything before hand. I am usually much more anal about that -but I tried to fly by the seat of my pants and it didn't work. After the 2 trips to the store (which I timed with dropping off at school and the dentist...) I realized at 6 pm that I was out of the heavy duty foil to wrap the last 4 meals!!! Yikes, into the fridge they went and I will get foil today -I was not going back out again. Needless to say, this morning I have already made the list, crosschecked the recipes and will be sure to have everything I need tomorrow for chicken day!
It was my ground beef day... so I made 3 meals of meatballs and gravy (with egg noodles); 2 Shepards Pies (homemade mashed potatoes even) and 3 baked ziti. Plus I have 5 meals worth of ground beef already cooked with onions and garlic for spaghetti or sloppy joes or ??
I used 15 pounds of ground beef ( 93/7 I got on sale! for $1.49 per pound!!!!) to make all these meals. In addition, I made up 10 pounds of mashed potatoes ( a few for side dishes) and I have enough homemade spaghetti sauce for 2 meals plus tonight!!
So Wednesday was good, today I scrapbook and tomorrow is my chicken cooking day! I am hoping to get the baking done tomorrow early since they say it will be 95 degrees here by the end of the day and I really want to get some muffins and coffee cakes in the freezer.
Home from practice and no meatballs for dinner, Steven was still excited for Shepards Pie... nope, not for dinner either!
Everything else, already wrapped to go in the freezer -forgot to take pictures first.. oops.


2 comments:
No lasagna or meatloaf? Are you a communist now?
Meatloaf is what I didn't get to - I will make it on Friday.. LOL... lasagna isn't something we eat alot of in the summer -we switch to baked ziti for some reason.
Post a Comment