Sunday, May 17, 2009

HOT, HOT and HOTTER

Today ends our 2nd day in a row over 100 degrees. Unfortunately, even with our house closed up and the a/c running -it's still 89 degrees inside. That makes me grouchy and truthfully? no fun to be around (I don't think anyone that lives with me will disagree).....

My friends husband came out and checked the a/c on Friday -he said it is running fine and cooling right (after taking temperature readings at every vent).... he will be back tomorrow to see if there is anything else wrong...

I know when we moved to this house --we were able to cool it. Last year the bills got really high during the summer -but I am pretty sure it was still cooling off to under 80... if this is what the summer has in store.. I want OUT!

I have been praying all weekend for the heat wave to end, a new a/c to not cost a fortune and to be within our means.... hopefully it won't come to that, but we don't know. What I do know is I do not handle heat well, not well at all.

In fact, when I woke up this morning and it was 84 inside.. I left and went to Starbucks (aaaah, airconditioning!), came home and got a message from a friend, headed out to meet her for a noon time movie... then called home after the movie and convinced the family to meet me at the other theater to see another movie, then dinner at Mel's Diner and a stop at both Target and Safeway--bringing me home about 8 pm (left at 11). It is now 8:55 and I am truly miserable already.

What did we do this weekend??? Jackson performed with the school choir at their Sock Hop (pictures hopefully tomorrow if I can get to them)... then he played basketball and his team won! Saturday I attended a red hat jewelry party (Jackson came too) and then Steven had a baseball game at 4:30 where it was REALLY HOT! Home, showered, hung out with the kids, showered again and finally took some tylenol pm about 8 pm hoping it would help me sleep even though I wasn't comfortable.....then today -movies.

I better stop now... before I get crazy -I gotta get near a window -hopefully there'll be some kind of a breeze! Or maybe it's time for another cold shower..... hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

The pool was amazing tonight! It was just what we all needed to get through the evening!

Anonymous said...

Betsey, it was soooo chilly here yesterday I was tempted to turn the fireplace on but went for a sweatshirt instead. Then I turned on the oven and slow cooked some ribs for 4 hours. I hope you got some relief today. We're much warmer and heading to 80's by this coming Holiday weekend. I share your misery with the heat though. Aunt Peg