Thursday, May 28, 2009

Treasured Moments


Steven snapped this picture for me the other day. It is a rare glimpse into
the cuddly Jackson who exists so rarely these days. He is growing up so fast
and has quickly outgrown many of my favorite times of the past. I can remember
when he would sit with me like this every day to chat, watch a show or read a picture book -
and I am not talking 5 years ago either... He is more likely now to lay on the floor
and cuddle Sammy or sit just close enough that I can't reach out and touch him. He
no longer lets me ruffle his hair or anything. So this was a treat for me -to have a moment
like that captured in time -so I know that I miss something real. He is maturing much faster
than the other one did -probably since he has a big brother. I just have to work harder at
storing up these memories... the days go by just too fast!

Today I am off to Coloma with Jackson's class. It is a long field trip 9am-6pm but should be fun. I have everything ready -camera, sunscreen, lots of water, lunches, gum and band-aids. I have been invited to a volunteer appreciation breakfast first at school, then the field trip, then I am supposed to go to my monthly scrapbook night -which may or may not happen after such a long day. Jackson also has karate -which he will decide about once we get home. It's about an hour on the school bus for him (I am going in a car with some friends) and will probably be quite loud and chaotic -so it could overstimulate him -we'll have to see.

I went yesterday to Fit Club at the gym with a friend. We did an hour of intense workouts, mainly in kickboxing. It was fun, challenging and looooong. I am sore and having a bit of trouble moving my arms -but that should pass. I am going back tomorrow for the Total Body workout -which sounds like it might get me in trouble..hmmm. Then last night we had our book club meeting at Starbucks -just 3 of us (the other 2 actually read the book, I couldn't get into this month's selection Snow Flower and the Secret Fan) and we talked about kids growing up fast, teenagers, life and stuff. It was just what I needed -2 hours of adult girl time....

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cyn said...

Yeah, washing the car was fun with Jack.It's the most he's communicated with me in months! Enjoy the moments as they come.