Steven's party went really well last night. The kids all met at the park at 6 p.m. They had pizza, soda and a few veggies.. then off to play. They played football, capture the flag and maybe wiffleball? I am not really sure. They seemed to all have fun as they ran and ran and ran. I made the big oops when deciding how many pizzas to order... Dominos was having a $3.88 med special.. so I ordered 16 pizzas .. thinking the kids would all eat alot more than they did, plus more adults would eat... but we had 11 pizzas left over.. so we handed them out like party favors.. LOL.... and still had 4 left today! So the kids are having pizza for lunch tomorrow and I froze some for future lunches.

Then about 7:40 we headed back to our house and the kids made their own sundaes which they ate as they played apples to apples. They were all laughing and giggling as they played, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves then too.
Steven opened his gifts and had a few fun faces I captured as he did. He got a shirt that says "your mom pays me to go easy on you" along with a raiders hat & raiders "lounge" pants. He got a card for Happy Birthday one year old! and a cinderella coloring book. The group of kids has been giving each other fun princess cards or gifts at each party this year... typically getting more and more as time goes on. All in good fun though -they all had a great laugh about it. He really liked the creativity of the gift from Logan and the Begley's in dollars and gift certificates for baskin robbins increments of 12 plus a raiders football -the perfect size to hold & throw to yourself!
Then about 7:40 we headed back to our house and the kids made their own sundaes which they ate as they played apples to apples. They were all laughing and giggling as they played, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves then too.
Steven opened his gifts and had a few fun faces I captured as he did. He got a shirt that says "your mom pays me to go easy on you" along with a raiders hat & raiders "lounge" pants. He got a card for Happy Birthday one year old! and a cinderella coloring book. The group of kids has been giving each other fun princess cards or gifts at each party this year... typically getting more and more as time goes on. All in good fun though -they all had a great laugh about it. He really liked the creativity of the gift from Logan and the Begley's in dollars and gift certificates for baskin robbins increments of 12 plus a raiders football -the perfect size to hold & throw to yourself!
The biggest thing I noticed was how much all the kids seemed to like the unstructured time to be together. They don't get that outside baseball or school... and I think they have been missing it. This is a great group of kids and they really enjoy being together. They are all good kids and I hope they stay friends for a long time, they seem to keep each other grounded. So I talked to some of the other moms at baseball today about setting up a monthly "game night" for the boys to get together and hang out.. we could switch off houses and the kids would get that time together... hopefully it will work out soon.


1 comments:
I know the boys had a great time. How wonderful to have that park so close to home.
Post a Comment