I snapped this picture of Steven on the computer yesterday --notice his missing glasses? He is wearing contacts!!!
He loves them, but says that his eyes are tired a bit...which is normal according to Mike *the guy who did the fitting* and that is why he has to build up to wearing them all day. He says he is seeing things way clearer. Which makes sense since his glasses were usually dirty or had finger smudges on them.... They gave him 30 day contacts, which he will put in every morning and take out at night and then replace with a new pair every 30 days. He really loved playing baseball without glasses Friday night at practice. Sunday he rubbed his eye and the contact came out -I think a bit of dirt may have gotten near his eye... it's a learning curve we are on, hopefully it will continue to go well. The optical guy said that it is hard to learn at this age -many kids aren't ready for contacts, but after talking to Steven and working with him, he thinks he is ready!
We didn't see much of him this weekend.. he spent the night Friday at his friend Josh's house, then came home Saturday afternoon. He was home for 3-4 hours and went back to sleep over again. They just watched a movie with Josh's dad, lots of Friends episodes and hung out -apparently having a great time! I missed him, but sometimes we all need a break and to get away -so he got his.

In other news --I am now reading the 2nd Twilight book. I am not as drawn into this one, the other one I couldn't put down, this one I have. I am enjoying it, but in smaller doses -maybe I am subconsiously tryin to make it last longer? Jack & I went to Barnes and Noble Friday night to get a book for him. He read Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson (*I think?) and the 2nd book just came out a few weeks ago -so it is only in hardback and not at the libraries. He was so anxious to read it -that we went and got it. He also found a new Spiderwick series (one of his favorites!) and so he got the first book in that series too. We had a treat at the cafe (milk & chocolate chunk cookie for him, water and lemon bundt cake for me) and then we headed to the mall. We checked out the phone case kiosk -but they don't have any cases for Jack's phone... then stopped and bought me some sunglasses in JC Penney on our way out. I had the same sunglasses for 17 years and they got broken recently... so I had to get a replacement. The ones I had were Ray Bans Jon found when cleaning a theater many years ago, I liked them and so he gave them to me and I had worn them ever since! I loved those glasses and can only hope I will find some that I like just as much someday.
Happy Monday everybody!
He loves them, but says that his eyes are tired a bit...which is normal according to Mike *the guy who did the fitting* and that is why he has to build up to wearing them all day. He says he is seeing things way clearer. Which makes sense since his glasses were usually dirty or had finger smudges on them.... They gave him 30 day contacts, which he will put in every morning and take out at night and then replace with a new pair every 30 days. He really loved playing baseball without glasses Friday night at practice. Sunday he rubbed his eye and the contact came out -I think a bit of dirt may have gotten near his eye... it's a learning curve we are on, hopefully it will continue to go well. The optical guy said that it is hard to learn at this age -many kids aren't ready for contacts, but after talking to Steven and working with him, he thinks he is ready!
We didn't see much of him this weekend.. he spent the night Friday at his friend Josh's house, then came home Saturday afternoon. He was home for 3-4 hours and went back to sleep over again. They just watched a movie with Josh's dad, lots of Friends episodes and hung out -apparently having a great time! I missed him, but sometimes we all need a break and to get away -so he got his.
In other news --I am now reading the 2nd Twilight book. I am not as drawn into this one, the other one I couldn't put down, this one I have. I am enjoying it, but in smaller doses -maybe I am subconsiously tryin to make it last longer? Jack & I went to Barnes and Noble Friday night to get a book for him. He read Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson (*I think?) and the 2nd book just came out a few weeks ago -so it is only in hardback and not at the libraries. He was so anxious to read it -that we went and got it. He also found a new Spiderwick series (one of his favorites!) and so he got the first book in that series too. We had a treat at the cafe (milk & chocolate chunk cookie for him, water and lemon bundt cake for me) and then we headed to the mall. We checked out the phone case kiosk -but they don't have any cases for Jack's phone... then stopped and bought me some sunglasses in JC Penney on our way out. I had the same sunglasses for 17 years and they got broken recently... so I had to get a replacement. The ones I had were Ray Bans Jon found when cleaning a theater many years ago, I liked them and so he gave them to me and I had worn them ever since! I loved those glasses and can only hope I will find some that I like just as much someday.
Happy Monday everybody!


1 comments:
Hey! You look sooo handsome. I hope you adjust easily to your contacts. Not only can you see clearer, everyone can see you clearly as well. Thanks for the view, I think even your smile got bigger with those contacts. Love, Aunt Peg
Post a Comment