I actually heard that song on the radio yesterday and it stuck in my head... so I had to title my post that way. I am participating in a scrapbooking challenge to document my life for a week. The idea is at the end I will have an album that is a true representation of how we live, today, really, right now. Not a picture perfect view.. but a real view. I am doing mine digitally and will try to share it when it's done. For now, here are 2 of the pictures I took today. My Mr. Coffee --I could not live without him! He is always here for me, day after day. I count on him. I know it's programmable, but the problem is I don't ever know what time I want it ready... so Steven comes in to wake me at 7 a.m. ish and then he goes down and pushes the button to start my coffee! He has recently started pouring me a cup of coffee if it is ready before I make it downstairs (dressed, usually...) and he has the ratio of Vanilla creamer to coffee just about perfect now. It is a sweet gesture -very telling of his nurturing nature. In fact, we laughed about it weekend before last.. he got a cup to make me some coffee because the Mr. Coffee beeped that it was done. Steven didn't realize I had already gotten some, when the first drops appeared in the carafe (thank goodness for that automatic pour feature) and Jon asked what he was doing. He said getting me some coffee and we chuckled over the fact that the beep went off & he immediately thought to pour me a cup. Ahhh, this is the life!!
Not to be shown up by Steven's baking abilities... I made banana bread muffins yesterday, for us to have for breakfast today. Yummy -coffee and muffins.... love it! We had extra rotten bananas so why not? We really like them.Today I went to Costco with my friend. She has been telling me to go forever, but you need a card, and I don't have one. I spent way more than makes me comfortable in one trip (I feel that way at Sams too!). Since my grocery store trips are usually coupon experiences, it is rare for me to pay even $35-$40 at a time, so the $166 bill today startled me. Then I got home and looked at my receipt (over & over & over again) and realized I had enough meat for 14 meals, contact solution for Steven (3 big bottles), 10 lbs of carrots and potatoes, 5 lbs of celery and a big hunk of cheese plus tp and paper towels. So even breaking just the meals down it is only like $6 per meal with enough for leftovers to go in lunches. That made me feel A LOT better about it. I am still not sure I should join. I saw LOTS of things I wanted, 2 of them enough to take pictures and put them on my wishlist ---you know the one: the someday I'll be buying something for me for some reason and I really want this??? list--like the Smart Crockpot I want, but I already have 3 crock pots -but the Smart One knows to turn itself to warm after the allotted cooking time, thus preventing burning or timing issues. I can't justify buying it, but I REALLY want it. Well they have it there -for only $39! plus a $5 mail in rebate... but I was good -I didn't buy any of it -which was hard. Plus I spent almost 2 hours there. I am not sure I have that kind of time or money to spend to often. I better stick to going with my friend once every other month or so -that should keep me on track.
Ok.. well it's 1 a.m. now so I think I better sign off and get to bed. I was up finishing some work, then went outside with the dogs and just stared at the dark, starry sky -it was really beautiful as the air was crisp and there was a slight breeze --but it woke me up. So here I am almost 2 hours later finishing this epic blog post about nothing. Funny thing is -it was way easier to write than planned topics. How's that for ironic.


1 comments:
If you go to Costco more often it doesn't take as long. Let me know when you want to go sometime.
-cyn
Post a Comment