Friday, January 04, 2008

This is the view from my front porch today. My new camera isn't waterproof, so this is as close as I could get to the storm. It was raining hard when I took this photo. The wind howled and the rain poured, slamming into our house all night. As we drove to the dentist to have Jackson's tooth wiggled out today... we saw lot's of storm damage... tree's splintered or knocked down by the force of the wind, roofs missing shingle, tops of tree's blown into the road. It was raining hard the whole way there and we drove slow.

I guess living in California has me a bit spoiled. I don't brave snow or really cold temperatures. We do get hot days in the summer, but with limited humidity. Our average temperature is right about 67 degrees. I like it that way. When it gets cold (in the 40's) we freeze, in the 100's we roast.. but those days are few and far between.

So while I love looking a photo's of snow and rain, I don't like to participate in it. Days like today make me a bit melancholy... I want to make a fire and read a book curled up under a pile of blankets. I don't want to do anything else.

I made sure to get my blog picture early in the day -so it would be done. Have a great weekend everybody!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: