Tuesday, January 08, 2008

POTD: Day 7 .... Karate

Here is today's photo. Jackson is ready to go to his first Karate class as a yellow belt! He was very excited (as shown by his face) and wanted Steven to come to class with him to watch. Steven was in a good mood, had finished his homework -so he said yes. Jack was super excited that he was coming with us. Now that he is in the 2nd level class, he has the option to do 2 classes back to back -so instead of 1/2 hour he goes for an entire hour of class. 1st half is practice, 2nd half is new stuff. He really enjoyed the format of the 2nd class as all the participants do the drills together, and it is much faster paced.

Since this picture is head on, I will also address the issue of his haircut in this blog (I had some questions). When we went to have their haircut the weekend before Christmas, the guy chopped Jack's. I asked (on his behalf) for the hair to be slightly trimmed, as the front was in his eyes. The guy cut almost 2 inches off the front!!!! Jackson was devestated as he loved his hair. This picture is with 2.5 weeks of growth and he isn't as upset anymore, but still waaaaay shorter than we asked for! The guy had even said to me "so you want it just above his eyebrows?" and I said yes. So the place is trying to make up for it with 2 free haircuts -but I gotta talk him into going there again -which I don't think will be easy... Luckily his hair grows pretty quickly and he is getting good with product to part the front so it doesn't always look like this!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: