Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today I just have to take a day off from everything - thinking, striving, working hard to improve myself and so on. Sometimes it can be really exhausting! So today I am not going to think (or stress) about work, bills, timing or money, I am not going to spend time online (just jumped on to post). I am going to spend the day hanging out with my family... trying to get a photo for our Christmas card... reading... playing games with the kids... looking thru the ad's (although I have done that already and am not sure there is really anything worth going out for) to see if there is anything I must have.

So today I am going to spend the day being thankful and being present. I want to experience each moment as it happens.. no wait til later, in a minute, just a second things.. just living in the moment.

I am happy to spend the day with my entire family... my parents, my brother and SIL, my niece and nephew and my sweetie and kids. I love that time when no one is rushed, everyone is just hanging out and we get to let down the defenses and just enjoy being together. Moments like that are harder to come by as the kids get older and involved in many activities.. I intend to enjoy every minute of it.

Today I am grateful. I am grateful for many things .. we have a home, family, food, jobs and cars. We have each other. I am grateful for this blog.. that it provides me with a recap of the year and tidbits of how I feel, think and what we do. I am anxious to have it printed this year ..then a book will forever be available to me.. a journal of sorts, but still able to share it with others.

I am thankful for all of you who can't be with us today. Know that I am thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful day filled with happiness and family.

0 comments: