Today is the busiest shopping day of the year. Last week, I thought about staying home today.. but you (meaning I) can't buck tradition, right? So I figured that even though my Christmas shopping is all done (and mostly wrapped) that I would head out with my mom, SIL and niece for some shopping and breakfast...fast forward to yesterday... my mom is not feeling well, so she decides not to go.... SIL is pregnant and not sure how many stores or what order she will go... so I think, well, I'll just stay home.
Then comes the car ride home... kid is loud, husband is snappy and I think.. I am shopping tomorrow -just to get out and do something. So my friend is planning to shop with her other friend in Folsom (30 minutes away from me)... she asks if I will go with them if she shops in Roseville (15 minutes from her as she lives in the middle). I say sure and we tentatively plan (via text at 11:15 p.m. for me to meet her around 4.. she'll text when she leaves her house. I wake at 4:53 and realize I have overslept.. I didn't fall asleep til after 12:40 a.m., so small wonder..I text her and all is well --she is almost done at Kohls and heading to Walmart. So I hit Starbucks and meet her there.
I will spare you the detailed list of what (10) stores we went to and the vast difference in customer service levels in those stores... suffice it to say that almost 11 hours later, I was home.
I did buy some things: pj's and track suits for Jack, some dvds, pj's and socks for me, some fabric and some "stocking stuffer" gifts. I probably went crazy in the $2 dvd section, the $3 dvd section and even the $3.98 dvd section at different stores... many of those titles will have to go back -what was I thinking? But the good news is I enjoyed myself, had a nice day out with my friend and came home relaxed (but tired) and happy.
We did make it to IHOP for breakfast. While there I couldn't help but have a bit of sadness to not be there with my family as I usually am on Black Friday. I missed shopping and experiencing this day with them.. but there is always next year. I enjoyed an omelet and yummy pumpkin pancakes (which I brought home and had for lunch too!).
My honey made me a cup of hot tea so it was ready when I got home.... then he, Steven and I sat down and watched the final disc of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.. I must say that installment was MUCH louder than the others...but it was nice to finally see the triology end. I feel about the same as I did when they drug it out over 3 years in theaters.. you just want to see the whole story ... but 10 hours is a bit much at one time. I think Steven liked the movie overall, his ears perked a bit at hearing they are working on starting to film the Hobbit (which was my favorite of the books). I suggested he read it.. so we'll see.
So what's the plan for the rest of the weekend.. a whole lot of nothing! The boys seem tired, which is strange considering they've been off school for 2 weeks. But late nights are catching up (we are all often up at 11) with us all and Steven heads back bright and early Monday for basketball practice at 6 a.m. so we have to start ending the nights sooner (tonight). So tomorrow is still up in the air, but will probably be a lazy day except for cleaning and laundry.. then Sunday the boys are headed to their FIRST Raider game with their dad, uncle and cousin. They are excited and I am too. I have the whole day free! I think I will scrapbook with a friend... sounds like a perfect day to me.
I hope to download the pictures tomorrow that I took on Thanksgiving and finish up my Christmas cards.. wish me luck!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Happy Black Friday...
Posted by Betsey at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good to hear that you still got out. Brian and I did Big 5, walked in, walked out, drove 20mph all the way home with our 250lb load strapped to the top of the van. We were both able to go back to sleep until 12. C and I went out at 4 and spent the rest of the day checking things out. She was bummed about breakfast, but I assured her we'd go Sunday while the boys are gone.
Post a Comment