So it's Tuesday and I am finally done with my pictures from the trip. It is hard to wade thru 200+ shots and get them ready to use.. so I am going to just share my favorites!
School update: Steven left a few minutes later than he planned & I noticed his lunch still on the counter -oh well, hopefully he has his lunch card with him to buy lunch, if not I expect I'll get a phone call. Jackson left at 7:59 a.m. for school -which starts at 8:30 a.m. He was anxious to get there and have his bike locked up by 8:15 so he could be first in line and visit with his friends. Very different than years past, when I was pulling him out of bed (physically) at 8:10 to get him there by 8:30 (usually!).
We dropped River off at my friend Suzie's at 9 a.m. so he could have a sleepover with Luke (her dog). I will probably forget this at the end so I will tell you right now -my dog came home more tired than he has ever been. He literally slept for an entire day with very little movement or excitement -he was exhausted from the playing & running they did. I hear Luke was the same way...
So we got on the road by 9:30 ... made a stop for a snack & bathroom break at McDonalds where we all had an early lunch instead (at 10:30 a.m.). We were headed over the Bay Bridge at 11 and headed to the parking garage by our hotel at Union Square. We dropped off the car then got on the Muni Train and took it to the stadium. We picked up our tickets from will call (long line) and got to our seats just as the 2nd inning started.. the score was already Giants 1 Braves 0. We hate to be late for the games, but it was important to me that we only pay $25 to park once, not twice. So we missed a bit, but settled right in. I guess what we missed was a home run. That bummed me out a bit. So, 2 of my 3 favorite players were in that day: Tim Lincecum and Bengie Molina. I was psyched to see them play in person. However I have decided I really prefer to watch them on tv.. I like the close-ups
So here is a shot I got of Timmy pitching... I love watching his routine and seeing him throw the ball. I look forward to years of watching him play! He is only 24, so should be around quite a while, God willing.
Here is a shot I got of Bengie at the plate -it was one of the only times he turned around.... but I got one. He is an amazing catcher. I really admire his stamina and skill behind the plate....
Then we got to see our closer, Brian Wilson. I like him too. I always giggle at the end of games we win at the sign he makes... well we won (3-2) and I got a picture of it.. of course he wasn't facing me -but that makes no difference!!!! You may have to click on the picture *which will make it bigger* to see #38 with his hand gesture -too cute!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
San Francisco... Part 1
Posted by Betsey at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment