Thursday, August 28, 2008

I can't belive it's Thursday already!

So I have been meaning to blog, but kept getting sidetracked. With the house, selling some things on ebay and just life I guess. So today I thought I would blog about Bento style lunches. The kids love them. I love knowing they are eating things that are good for them. So for us it is a win win situation! These are the bento boxes I bought in San Francisco at the store in Japantown.

First we have Jackson's lunch for today... he has Meatloaf with bbq sauce on the side in the top box, then grapes and vodka noodles in the bottom box and a side box of green pepper strips. He will buy a milk and he is set for lunch!





Steven's lunch is a bit different. He has pork chop strips, with a side of ketchup (in a small contained you can't see in the picture -it blends in) in his top box. Then a cheese stick and carrots in the bottom box (we actually added some crunch breadsticks after i took the picture)
and a side of pears.




This is the bag for carrying the box. Steven uses it everyday -he really likes that it is small and light. This lunch is a decent size amount of food -but it packs up tiny, with no waste -so we are doing our part for the enviroment. He says his friends tease him (good naturedly) about having such a tiny lunch and how can that be enough food. He thinks it is funny, so I think he uses the bag to push their buttons too. The boys both have new Lands End lunchboxes -which they will use when they start using their thermos jars --but right now they don't want hot foods. I can understand that as it is 100+ degrees outside.
This is how Steven's lunch fits in the bag *which is insulated* and then he adds a capri sun to drink.






So what else... both kids brought home fundraiser packets yesterday. Both are selling magazines -so if you need any renewals or magazines let them know and they can give you the prices offered. Some are great deals, others are waaaay overpriced. I told them they do not have to sell anything, but both want to participate -not sure why? It isn't solely the prizes, more that they are motivated to help their school -as the rep from the company told them it would. What a sense of duty those 2 have... feeling responsible for participating.

We are 2 days away from the big tournament! Steven is excited, we are excited. The weather says it will be in the 90s, hopefully there'll be a breeze.

I guess that's it for now.. I must head off to continue working on my house... 7 loads of stuff out.. lots left to go...

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Queenie327 said...

I was truly amazed to see how much food fit in those tiny boxes and each gets the foods they like. Betsey, keep up the good job of fixing the lunches as that takes time and planning! Love ya