So last night Jackson was promoted to Blue belt in karate. He was very excited. I was amazed at how still he sat during the hour long ceremony, criss cross applesauce on the hard floor, riveted by the kata's the higher level belts performed.
Afterwards we all went to Leatherby's Creamery for ice cream. Jack got a banana hot fudge sundae that he really enjoyed. Steven had his usual -a root beer float and Grandma had pie. Papa tried something new.. a coffee ice cream soda -yummy!
I had a 1 scoop sundae with caramel & hot fudge (both homemade and delicious!) and Jonathan had a black & white sundae (his usual also).
As we were leaving the restaurant, a little girl (maybe 4 years old) pointed at Jack and said... 'look mommy it's a karate kid." I had to giggle out loud as it was so cute.
So tomorrow we are off to Manteca for Steven's baseball tournament ==think happy thoughts for the team as they play 4 games Saturday and Sunday. We'll be home Sunday and I'll update whether or not we are going back to the playoffs on Monday.
Right now we are off to dinner with Jonathan's parents.. we are going for Chinese! His dad works on a cruise ship in Hawaii and is leaving to go back tomorrow -so we want to see him one more time!
Have a great weekend~!


Friday, August 29, 2008
It's a karate kid....
Posted by Betsey at 6:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Hey Jack! Way to go you Karate Dude! I'm very proud of you because it takes a lot of determination, dicipline and practice to become proficient & you are moving up! Congratulations! Good luck to the baseball team, I'll be cheering you on all weekend!
Love, Aunt Peg
Post a Comment