Well today was the end of summer... the boys went back to school! We took a trip to San Francisco (coming in future blog posts, hopefully tomorrow) the end of last week, then relaxed at home for the weekend to get ready.
Steven is in 7th grade. He came home pleased with his first day. Teachers are good.. he has his first male teacher (besides PE) for 2 classes and says he thinks he's the best teacher he has. He was excited to find out that Life Skills (his "exploratory" class) will focus on more than last year .. last year it was just all about self-esteem and peer pressure -this week that will be 2 days a week and cooking will be the other days. He is thrilled! I am excited for him to learn to cook more. He participated in a cooking club the end of last year and really enjoyed using the cooking lab and the experiences. He just finished his homework -2 classes assigned homework on the first day of school.
Steven is in 7th grade. He came home pleased with his first day. Teachers are good.. he has his first male teacher (besides PE) for 2 classes and says he thinks he's the best teacher he has. He was excited to find out that Life Skills (his "exploratory" class) will focus on more than last year .. last year it was just all about self-esteem and peer pressure -this week that will be 2 days a week and cooking will be the other days. He is thrilled! I am excited for him to learn to cook more. He participated in a cooking club the end of last year and really enjoyed using the cooking lab and the experiences. He just finished his homework -2 classes assigned homework on the first day of school
Jackson is in 4th grade. He was excited to go. He had a good day. I got a report from a friend that when she dropped her daughter off he was surrounded by girls, talking and smiling. Why wasn't I there you ask? Well, here's what happened. Jack asked me to drive him today and he will start riding his bike tomorrow. So I ask: am I dropping you off or parking and walking in? He says parking. So we go around the block to get a space and someone took the space before I got there -so we needed to go around the block again (still 20 minutes before school starts) and as I stopped at the stop sign to turn.. he said "no, actually Mom I'll just get out here" and he jumped out of the car and was across the street before I realized what had just happened. I was devestated. I called Jonathan (who laughed at the situation) and then I lost it. My friend Lori called right then, could tell I was crying and talked me down... I guess I just didn't expect him to grow up so fast and to not need me. It was sad for me. Anyway -he had a great time, got to pick his own seat, got his own Student Planner for the first time and is excited to go back tomorrow. The one bad thing -I tightened his thermos too much and he couldn't get it open at lunch so he couldn't eat his soup -so he just had green pepper slices and cucmbers for lunch.
After school we went to Baskin Robbins. The boys each enjoyed a celebratory sundae and I had a kids cone. It was super yummy - Jamoca Orea ice cream!!!


2 comments:
Hey Betsey! Unfortunately, today was Jack's independence day! Great that he jumped on it, sad for Mom when it happens! Gotta keep a stiff upper lip . . it can quiver though. It's too neat that Steven will be cooking. I have a great peanut butter and jelly recipe if he wants to use it. Uncle Vele used to say cooking was all in the preparation. I'm finding that to be true esspecially with the MANY crock-pot recipies I've been trying. No complaints, lots of compliments. By the way, I'm using that silicone lid that Mimi picked up from QVC - it works fantastic & so light. You just can't view the goodies while cooking. Hugs to all, Aunt Peg
It's great to hear the boys had such a great first day back! And it sounds like the 2nd was even better.
cyn
Post a Comment