Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ughhh.. Is it food poisoning?

So last night we all went to Jackson's team party at Round Table. Everyone had pizza and cake. I opted for a salad, which Steven shared with me. When we got home I didn't feel so good... for the rest of the night my stomach and insides protested..no biggie, I got thru it. Then I went to bed at 10 p.m. ......at 11:05 Steven woke me to say he threw up...everywhere! I got him settled downstairs and tried to clean it up -but I couldn't (sensitive gag reflex).... so I woke Jonathan and he cleaned it up. I remade the bed and got Steven back in it. This morning he wakes me at 6:15 a.m. with the same news --although he made it to the bathroom this time!!!

So I call the dr. and she says it is probably food poisioning. We had hard boiled eggs and potato salad off the salad bar, plus the blue cheese dressing. She reminded me to check the salad bars for ice or cooling systems before eating! Which I hadn't done . She believes it is food poisoning as it struck up both quickly and I am already feeling better. If he doesn't puke again (now that 12 hrs has passed) then that is the probable key as opposed to a virus.

So of course the next question is ...what about baseball? It is his LAST game tonight, against his 2 BEST FRIENDS team..... he is going to be so upset when he wakes up and realizes -no school, no game. In talking to the dr. (who has been his pediatrician since birth) she said that if it is food poisoning and he feels ok by noon -she thinks he is ok to play... so for now it just a waiting game..........

At least he is sleeping peacefully right now... I am hoping for the best.

UPDATE 2:20p.m.

He woke up at noon and has not been sick again! His tummy is still a bit unsettled.. he had some water and just now some toast! He is in a good mood, albeit a bit quiet. Thanks for all the good thoughts and emails -we really appreciated them!

UPDATE: 5:40 p.m.

He says he is feeling better and is going to play! Off to get him some more ice water to stay hydrated.....

UPDATE: 9:37 p.m.

Steven went to the game. His team won!!! It was a good game overall. Steven caught in the 1st and played 3rd in the 2nd...then he decided he needed to sit out as he was starting to feel gurgly in the belly. So he watched the rest of the game from the dugout. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

1 comments:

3 Boys Keep Us Busy said...

Food poisioning really stinks. Hope you all are feeling better!
-Mimi