Sunday, June 01, 2008

Photography and Overwhelmed




I am surprised by how much I learn every time I click the shutter. The composition of the photo, the position and strength of the sun, the movement. Obviously it is easier to catch still photo's rather than action shots -but I find I am getting better... learning more... every time. Then I am learning photoshop and find I want to tweak every single picture...which takes time and motivation....

I have been focusing on taking pictures and enjoying the baseball season. I have been neglecting my blog and I regret that. I am trying to find balance, but on that path there are twists and turns. I have so many pictures I want to blog and in waiting for them to be perfect, I get no where. I get overwhelmed and then I avoid it -so not to feel behind.

Baseball is such a hard game to photograph... I find it much easier to photograph games for others... as I don't want to miss what is happening on the field when my camera is focused on one player -when my kids are playing.

So I am starting again! Starting today. I will go back as I can .. but I am focused on getting the memories down, one day at a time. Picture or no picture. I am setting my a.m. blog time in stone (well, in my PDA anyway). That daily reminder will make a beep to bring blogging to my mind...and to that moment.

Ok, I have to go get Steven from practice....more baseball pictures are coming --today!




Posted by Picasa

0 comments: