Friday, September 10, 2010

September??

How did it get to be September? The last 10 days have flown by between work, Steven starting high school, Jack joining Drama Club, Premier and birthday preparations. I can hardly list the things I've been doing, but I certainly have been doing them.....

This week included a dinner at Jesuit for Jonathan and I. We got to meet some other freshman parents and listen to people wax nostalgic for their own experiences. That was interesting, to hear grown men speak with such enthusiasm about a time in life that I myself would pretty much like to forget. I hope that Steven has an experience like that. That stays with him and last forever. I think that's really cool.

Jackson is loving drama. He is asking to take some classes at the high school. The students who are helping with his drama club are from the local high school and they shared the classes and gave out brochures. It will add another day to his "busy afterschool" schedule -but he seems willing to cope with it for 6 weeks .. so we'll see. Yesterday I got home from work at 5:15 and he was asleep on the couch -he had a hard time waking up, maybe he is about to have a growth spurt- because he has also recently complained of growing pains and he is always starving. He is handling his advanced classes really well and adjusting to middle school well.

Work is crazy. I am the only person in my department and I am part time... there used to be 3 of us full time... now there is a hiring freeze -so I'm just waiting to see how that turns out. LOL really not fun, stressful even. I can feel it in my hands, my carpal tunnel is acting up -mainly because I spend the entire time I am there keying like crazy just to stay caught up on current work, forget about all the already backlogged stuff. I do my best to be positive and smile alot when I am there.... suffocating my desire to eat chocolate.


Jonathan has been running the afternoon carpool for us most days. Picking up Steven & his friend at the bus stop and ferrying them home. I really appreciate his willingness to do that --since it falls at such an awkward time of day.

We figured out Steven's school schedule yesterday and uncovered that almost every Friday has a 9:30 start time!! He was so excited to get to sleep in today until 8am!! It was a nice change from up at 5:50 am and out the door at 6:30 am. We learn new things everyday so I am trying to go with the flow and deal with it as it comes. Not my natural inclination, but I am think I am doing pretty well.

I've got to get going... got to make sure Steven's stuff is ready for his retreat tomorrow and my stuff is ready for my event tomorrow night. It's gonna be a loooooooonnnnng day -but worth it I'm sure.

0 comments: