Monday, September 06, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

It's been a long, hot weekend here in Roseville. We went out for BBQ on Friday, celebrated Steven's upcoming birthday with the family on Saturday and stayed home for the most part on Sunday. I have accomplished 1/10 of what I hoped to get done this weekend - but sometimes that happens. I am watching a movie with the boys as I type this blog post... I can't complain as it's been a fun family weekend.

Friday night I was blessed to be able to spend some time with my Premier sisters from all over the country. We laughed, shared and planned. I am so inspired by these women who have built their businesses to such great levels. They are so open and ready to share and help others succeed.


Saturday Steven attended his first Jesuit varsity high school football game with his dad. They sat out in the hot (99 degree) sun for 3 hours to see the team lose in overtime. Afterwards they met us at my parents for a yummy pork chop dinner and some much needed swimming. Steven selected banana cream pie as his birthday dessert - from Marie Calendars. I was pleased when I went to pick up the pie that banana cream is the pie of the month so 1/2 price! Even better, right?

Next week Steven has to attend the mandatory Freshman retreat at school. He will wake up on his birthday in the school gym. So we did the "traditional" birthday things we do this Sunday since we can't do them on his actual birthday. That includes breakfast donuts from Foothill donuts -for Steven a maple bar and a cake donut with frosting and sprinkles. Later in the afternoon he and I took a trip to Icing on the Cupcake for a maple bacon cupcake. The original plan was for me to get that for him on his birthday -but they are closed that day for Employee Appreciation day. So we went a week early, because maple bacon cupcakes are only available on Sundays. Steven said it was really, really, really really awesome. Jackson also tried one and said it was very, very, very, very awesome.. LOL I tasted the frosting and it was super mapley with a bit of bacon flavor.

So on to the day's task.. Menu Plan Monday...

Monday - chili mac
Tuesday- kids: pizza (with Gma & Papa) parents: dinner at Jesuit
Wednesday- spaghetti with l/o sausage & peppers
Thursday- tacos, refried beans meatloaf, mac & cheese per Jackson request
Friday- Balsamic Chicken and Onions Wraps with Green Beans
Saturday- leftovers
Sunday- Steven's birthday dinner out ... looking like Red Lobster

0 comments: