This weekend Steven played in a baseball tournament with his new team -the Bandits. He had a good time and enjoyed it. They lost all 4 games -which the coach explained isn't unexpected with a new group of kids together.. so time will tell. I will say it was much better for me, to be with a new group -free of the drama there has been in the past. I was able to enjoy watching them play. They did really well defensively, but their bats just weren't in it on Saturday and on Sunday the reverse was true.... ahhhh 13 year old boys! Steven only played in the 2nd game on Saturday as the first was at 9am and the fields are an hour away -he didn't want to get up too early on his birthday.
Saturday was Steven's birthday. I prepared in advance (knowing the tournament was this weekend) and spent Friday night baking brownies, wrapping gifts and frying bacon. We started our morning off with bacon waffles with bacon on the side and orange juice --delivered to Steven in bed by Jackson with a surprise basketball card hidden in the napkin. Then for lunch after the game we went to Red Lobster for endless shrimp. Steven ate the full plate they brought (2 orders of fried shrimp and french fries and broccoli) and another helping of shrimp before he gave up. He had 2 cheddar biscuits and several glasses of lemonade -so he was full! Then we headed home to watch the Giants game. His friend Josh joined us for the game. He was happy to see his Grandma Pat, Uncle Scott and cousin Iain come over for dinner too. He spent way more time playing than he did watching the game -but he had fun. We had bacon cheeseburgers and fries for dinner. For dessert we had brownies, orange sherbet/vanilla ice cream and neopolitan ice cream. No one ate much -everyone was full from lunch... but I cooked anyway for those that wanted to eat.
I have some pictures on my camera -but am too tired to download them now -so maybe tomorrow I can share those. I wanted to get this post done so I could head to bed (at 8pm -I know, I know) as I am very tired and just plain worn out from the weekend. All that beautiful sunshine just took all my energy it seems.
Today was a beautiful day for baseball. Yesterday it rained on us a bit and it was cloudy. Today was windy (I can feel it in the chafe on my face) and cold in the morning first thing.. but by 10:30 the sun was shining and it wasn't hot, just sunny and warm -perfect baseball weather. I see the temperatures are supposed to be in the low 80s tomorrow -so I am looking forward to that. I am off to open all the windows and air out the house.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
A whirlwind of a weekend....
Posted by Betsey at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment