Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Saturday, September 12, 2009


It was a big day. My first-born turned 13! How clearly I remember that day so many years ago. So I got up early and made bacon waffles (which are really just waffles with chopped up bacon cooked in the batter), bacon and OJ. We served this breakfast to him in bed. In deference to his teenage-hood, I will not post his bare chested eating in bed photos here at this time.

After breakfast, he got dressed so we could have "present time, present time, open a present and see what's inside!" (we still say it every year -left over from our Blue's Clue's days..LOL).

He got Wii Sports Resort & controllers from his dad & I, each of his favorite candy bars and a Waynes World (I&II) dvd from his brother. He was happy with the presents and had to put them aside to head to his baseball tournament.

He is on a new team this year. His coach is committed to conditioning the whole athlete and growing their games. He understands that this is the age where alot of kids lose their love of the game and their dedication to playing it better -he strives to not let that happen. It was a 4 game guarantee and we lost all 4. It was the first time these kids played together as a team and they moved them around a bit to see what worked and what didn't work. Steven opted to miss the early game so he didn't have to be out of the house at 7am on his birthday .. but we were on Sunday! Steven played well and was happy with the tournament. He see's the potential and looks forward to the team growing together and winning together! Here is a shot I got from a bad angle of him making a play on first! He loves playing first, but rarely gets to -so he was excited.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Cyn said...

Thanks for explaining the bacon waffles. Great ball game shots!