Monday, February 09, 2009
They grow up so fast...
The other morning Steven and I headed to breakfast at IHOP. We both ordered the special all you can eat pancakes (knowing we would eat just what they bring the first time!) because you get 2 eggs, 4 sausage or bacon, hash browns and the pancakes for $6.99! Of course we had a BOGO coupon too -so we both ate breakfast for $9. sweet. Now I almost always order my eggs scrambled and then put ketchup on them -just like my daddy. But I do love poached eggs when I get Eggs Benedict. Our local diner (chain) makes Eggs Benedict and you can have it made with country sausage patties.. Steven tried it about a year ago and he loved it. He orders Eggs Benedict often when we go out.
So here is the growing up part of the story... he ordered his eggs poached! He really enjoyed them too. He ate them over his pancake and liked the gooeyness of them. Now he did have to send the first batch back -they were hard boiled it seemed, but the replacements he says were yummy!
Steven shares my love of breakfast out. It tastes better when someone else cooks it and it is my favorite meal to eat in a restaurant. Now we only eat out like 1x per month these days and if I can get it to be breakfast -I will! This month I am participating in the "no spend" challenge, but gift cards are excluded and I use a Visa gc I earned online to pay for this outing.
Posted by Betsey at 7:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment