It is July 2, 2008
I am thinking...about decluttering and getting things out of my house. I want to simplify. I want to keep what we use and get rid of what we don't. I am thinking how much easier life is when things are simple.
I am thankful for... for a husband who loves and supports me no matter what. In 23 days it will be 16 years we've been married!
Today in the kitchen... I am baking chicken leg quarters. This is something new for us.. a simple recipe that sounds good -so we are giving it a try. I am baking the chicken now -before it gets too hot to run the oven. I went shoppping last night and bought 21 meals worth of meat -for $38!! I was there right before closing and several of the already good deals were marked down.. so today I am working on repackaging and marinating. At the end of today I will have the following meals ready to go: (3) meatloafs; (4) taco dinners; (2) sloppy joes; (6) meat spaghetti sauce; (4) chicken noodles; (2) chicken drumsticks... plus the 3 roast beefs are already in the freezer!
I am going... to stay home today. See the kitchen comments for why:)
I am reading... Mary (Mrs. A Lincoln) by Janis Cooke Newman ... so far I love it (page 121)
I am hoping... for a productive day
I am hearing... happy voices of brothers who are reunited... Jackson just returned from a sleepover
Going on around me... Jackson is trying to juggle 2 oranges he is waiting for me to slice for him
One of my favorite things... that Jackson is an individual.. not concerned about what others think and willing to go his own direction (see picture below)
Some plans for the rest of the week: spending the day Friday with my whole family at my parents house...celebrating my brother's 38th birthday that day...
A picture thought I am sharing.....
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Trying something new...
Posted by Betsey at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment