Today the boys were not getting along so well -Steven wanted to do things alone and Jack wanted him to play with him.. so Jack agreed to go to the grocery store with me. My Safeway started a Savings Marathon last week and when you buy 25 items you get $20 to spend off your next purchase. So today we bought all of this.. total $142.86... with coupons we paid $42 and have $20 to spend on the next purchase!! Jack was shocked at the final total -which was higher because I told him he could pick popsicles before we went, then he talked me into the orange soda, 2 Sobe waters, watermelon, Cheerios, cauliflower and cucumber -none of which were on my list!
In the end I got 8 boxes of Kleenex, 10 packages Oscar Mayer HotDogs, 2 bags of carrots, 2 bottles Ranch, 8 Ragu pouches (love these!) and 3 Planters honey roasted peanuts .. plus Jack's stuff.
I am going to have to go back and roll my $20 coupon .. into more $20 coupons... for example, I can buy 25 Kleenex at $1.50 each and then use a 50 cent coupon for each one.. I end up with a total of $25.50 and pay with my previous $20 catalina and my out of pocket is only $5.50 for 25 boxes of Kleenex --or 22 cents each!!
Not that I need 25 more boxes of Kleenex -although we send in 2 per kid for their classrooms at the beginning of the year and usually a few more in the winter.. but for $5?? I am not sure I can resist.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Great Grocery Day!
Posted by Betsey at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment