Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Day after July 4th~!



I am thinking... how nice the weather has been (high 80's) this week
I am thankful for... getting to spend the day with my family yesterday..it was very fun and relaxing ..no stress, just hanging out. A great day! We had BBQ dinner by Jon (meats) and Cyn (corn) ...celebrated Brian's upcoming birthday and played a new game.
Today in the kitchen... not much going on.. we are grilling for dinner
I am going... to stay home and scrapbook!
I am reading... now Confessions of A Wicked Stepsister -for bookclub
I am hoping... that my dad can get his garage door fixed, so their cars aren't held hostage all weekend.
I am hearing... the sounds of Radio Disney, Playstation, Warcraft as the boys are all playing their respective video game systems
Going on around me... a whole lotta nothing
One of my favorite things... relaxing days with my family --2 in a row!!!
The picture thought I am sharing...

Grandma's pool is a wonder. The kids stayed in yesterday for hours -even though it wasn't too warm and there was a killer breeze when they stepped out. They played well, making up all kinds of games. The trouble started with the "known" games like Marco Polo --when some insist others "should have" known the rule --but there was no discussion of the rules before hand. So we stuck with made up games and jumping in.. I have some great jumping in shots -but that has to be a different post as blogger wouldn't upload any more pictures!

Ciera was in the pool in the beginning when it was sunny --they she was smart and sat on the sidelines with the rest of us girls.. After her daddy was in and out -she was done too. They all love to play with Brian in the pool... I admit it -he is the most fun! He plays silly, made up games with them and they LOVE it. Unfortunately they only got him in there for a little bit before dinner as it wasn't hot out.

I had fun pointing my camera at the boys in the pool -Jack & Logan both went underwater every time --it was hysterical for me and tired them out I am sure.

We played a new dice game my mom had called CRS... It was alot of fun!! and easy to play and portable.

The only downer was that after eating healthy for an entire month -I had a brat and potato chips at dinner. My body did not like the salt intake and I felt awful afterwards. My stomach hurt, my head hurt... enough that we called it a day and headed home before the fireworks. See, I am the only one in my immediate family that cares about the fireworks -so they were all totally fine with missing them. However on the way home, we got to see the fireworks from the Roseville Fairgrounds out in front of us and then to the right as we got closer to home...so I still got to see some!! Which made me happy.

Overall it was a nice day with the whole family -I like that. I wish we could do it more often.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: