It is January 12th, a Tuesday...
I am thinking...about my day yesterday. It was day 1 at my new job with the state. I had a good day. I have an office and desk and cruddy chair. I filled out LOTS of paperwork. I was told I exceeded her expectations in how fast I completed said paperwork. I met so many people that I do not remember who is who. I got a general sense of the office and learned the code to get into the bathroom by heart. Not bad for day #1!
I am thankful for...answers to prayers. I have been worried about how Jack will get to school in the rain, right? Well I found out yesterday that my only option besides 8-5 is 8:30-5 with a 1/2 hour lunch. So, with that schedule I can drop him off by the school and he will just walk to the shade structure to wait the 10-15 minutes before he can go to his classroom. He won't have to walk the whole way in the rain. It isn't a perfect solution, but it is certainly do-able.
Today in the kitchen... my honey will be making taco's. Last night we had yummy pork chops that he made (for the first time, just dipping them in flour with salt, pepper and bbq seasoning before lightly frying them) for us.
I am going... to the grocery store to get tortilla's as soon as I finish this post... forgot them on shopping day.
I am reading... The 19th Wife, but almost finished now!
I am hoping... that the commute is just as easy today as yesterday, even though my times are 1/2 hour later.
Going on around me... Steven is eating breakfast and Jackson is upstairs watching tv.. dogs are walking around.
One of my favorite things... enjoying my coffee from my new Keurig coffee maker. Cappacino flavor made perfect each time with vanilla creamer. Plus I am getting to enjoy it this morning while having 1 on 1 time with my oldest kiddo -love it!
A picture thought I am sharing...
For Jonathan's birthday Steven got him the leg lamp from The Christmas Story. He found it at a garage sale this summer, unopened and in the box. He was so excited to have it for his dad. I really didn't expect Jonathan to be as sincerely excited about it as he was... prepping him that Steven found something related to something he liked and he really thought his dad would like it.... totally unnecessary on my part since it was a huge hit as a gift!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Tuesday
Posted by Betsey at 7:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey Betsey! Before any introductions for new employees we give them the rest room code. NOTHING is more important! Sounds like a day new recruits have and the furniture in all gov't offices is pretty much the same (AWFUL!) You'll make your space your own in time. Hope the commute works out; things at home seem to have already adjusted. Nice lamp! Love,Aunt Peg
Love, love, love my Keurig coffee maker too! Don't remember what coffee was like before it. And I love cappuccino flavor too...my favorite! Where are you finding that flavor? Bed, bath, Beyond? I've been purchasing my k-cups from 2 online sources, and they are more reasonable than BB&B, even with their 20% off coupons...give coffeecow.com and 11thstreetcoffee.com a try! Just about every flavor under the sun.
M
So glad you were able to adjust the hours a bit! 30 minutes makes a big difference in the am!
Post a Comment