Friday, January 08, 2010

Last day....

It is Friday, January 8th...

I am thinking... that it is my last weekday of being a stay at home mom. I am filled with emotions, all kinds of emotions about the change. I resolve to take time for us to adjust, to be patient during the changes and to be open minded about the opportunity. I am excited about being in a social environment where I can excel, be challenged and get paid. I am concerned about the time I will miss with my boys and losing the quiet, personal interactions I have with them after school. I am confident that I will actually get more done as I seem to thrive on being busy... and around and around my emotions go.
I am thankful for... all the support I have received from my friends as I get ready to make the jump to full time working mom.
Today in the kitchen... there is cleaning and organizing going on
I am going... to go grocery shopping today
I am hoping... for a productive, great day.
I am hearing... ESPN news -Steven left the tv on downstairs.
One of my favorite things... Fridays! I love the beginning of weekends. To me it means time to spend at home with my family -togetherness rocks!
Some plans for the rest of the week: Helping Steven prepare his application for Jesuit High School! He spent yesterday there, shadowing his cousin Zack. He had a good time and really liked the environment and what he saw. He even liked the prayer and is "ok" with the dress code. So now we move to step #2 .... completing the application and getting recommendation forms to those that need to fill them out. Then on January 23rd -he takes the Placement test. On February 20th we have our parent/student interviews. On March 19th they mail the letters. So it will be a journey and we will have to wait and see what happens. We ask that if you are a prayerful person -you say one for him as he goes about this process that could be life changing.
A picture thought I am sharing... My honey and me on Christmas Eve. I am so blessed to have him in my life.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will support Steven's ventures in any way I can!!!!!!!PAPA

Cyn said...

Enjoy the weekend!! Everyone will adapt and things will be fine-eventually. :)
The one thing I've found is that it really helps to put things in perspective and makes things easier to prioritize.

Can't wait to see Steven in khakis!