is that when I have things going on in my life (or just inside my head), that aren't ready to be shared --I find I can't blog. We have been going like crazy around here and there are some things going on -but not that I am ready to put out there yet.
Let's see if I can catch up the easy stuff....
We are eating a lot of potatoes! I love the yukon gold potatoes I got in Idaho -they make excellent mashed potatoes and boiled too! I never knew there was such a difference in the texture or flavor of potatoes.
Over the weekend Steven played in a baseball tournament on Saturday and his team won both games. He played well, hitting the ball and making plays in right field. It was nice to be on a winning streak after the year he's had in sports.... then he & Jonathan and I stopped for Carls Jr lunch. We all really like the new Big Carl -which they compare on tv to the Big Mac -but it isn't a Big Mac nor is it better, just different.
Jackson had a basketball game Friday night. His team did not win, but they did play hard. They are really working to play as a team -even though they are new playing together with only 1 practice behind them. Their practice Monday night was long and intense and seemed to really be stressing stamina (their coaches favorite thing!) and moving the ball around. We'll see how that goes on Friday. He is pleased that his friend Tyler is playing on his team this season -he is new to basketball -but they are having fun.
After basketball Jackson talked himself into a sleepover at Logan's to avoid going to Steven's tournament super early in the morning. Then my dad brought both boys back here after Logan's football game so Logan could avoid a super early softball tournament on Sunday -it worked out quite nicely.
We had dinner with the whole family to celebrate Cyn's birthday (belated, it was Sept. 26th). We struggle with many of the birthdays now, finding a day when no kid is playing a sport to plan our dinners. Sometimes they are early, sometimes late -but we celebrate together. Steven got the kids and G-ma to all play Scrabble --they seemed to enjoy it. He is in the Scrabble club at school and his passion for the game has been re-ignited .. only now he knows the real rules! He has also joined the cooking club -where they made pizza yesterday.
It's crazy to realize that in 2 weeks it will be Halloween (and my parents 40th anniversary!) and then it is a short jump to Thanksgiving and Christmas. The year is 3/4 over and I can hardly believe it.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
The trouble with pouring everything out here...
Posted by Betsey at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm finding it equally hard to blog, not sure why. I just don't really feel into typing up anything, plus I have my doubts about how many are really reading and honestly, I don't do it for myself. So it's kinda hard to talk myself into doing it.
Some things you just don't want everyone to hear. Have you looked into if there is a way to make some entries private so you can get it out without everyone reading? I know the writing is therapeutic for you. Maybe even do it as a draft but don't publish?
Post a Comment