Friday, January 23, 2009

Haircut and cousins....

We just got home from an enjoyable evening at my parents house! We had the whole family there, lasagna dinner and fun. Plus we had the privilege of meeting Ella! Roger (my cousin) and Pam and Ella came to visit for the night and we will get to see them in the morning too. Jackson had so much fun playing with Ellla and keeping her occupied for several hours. He was so sweet, gentle and caring with her -so touching to watch. He wants a little brother or sister so badly --he just loves being the older one. The other boys tired of playing after a little while and went on to other things.. but Jack stayed by her side right until she went for her bath and bed. We have wanted to go visit them in Colorado for a long time and still haven't made it --but it is still on our list of places to go. It was so great to see them and hang out. I love times like that. It amazes me sometimes how we can be apart for years and still we come together like no time has passed... the connection of family rocks!

So today was like many other days lately -long. It is rainy and cold here. I did spend an hour at the dog park with the dogs letting them run while it was simply misting -they so needed to get out and I needed the walk to clear my head. Then Steven, Jack and I took Sammy to training, but his dad had to meet us there as Steven and I had dentist appointments and had to leave early. Jackson was nice and let Steven help with the training while we were there. I must say he is doing such a great job teaching Sammy! I am so proud of his dedication and efforts and how he hasn't just given up. The dentist was good.. Steven has no cavities... I have 1:( But several of my old silver fillings are leaking or something and I need to have them replaced. I hate going to the dentist, but he made me feel comfortable and seemed to empathize with my fear of the process. I think it will be ok... one appointment at a time anyway. Next one is cleaning, then cavity filled, then replacements... we'll take it one step at a time. Steven enjoyed going to a "real" dentist instead of a kids dental center... he liked it, that's good.

After 2 glasses of wine I am sleepy! So I am off to bed... just had to share these cute pictures of Ella and Jackson. Plus his new haircut is visible -he didn't mind me taking his picture when he was with Ella.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

3 Boys Keep Us Busy said...

I couldn't agree more...

"It amazes me sometimes how we can be apart for years and still we come together like no time has passed... the connection of family rocks!"

...I love that about our family! Everyone should be so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Oh God they are CUTE!!! We saw FAMILY yesterday for a little surprize B'Day for Uncle Paul & Mimi clued us into your visit with Ella, Pam & Roger. Thanks for the VIEW. We got together at Uncle Mike's. Aunt Vi & Paul made the cake (that makes the party) You guys were missed. Looking forward to Jack & Grandma's visit in March/April. I think Gram gets the credit for close family. She kept everybody connected. Love, Aunt Peg