Monday, December 31, 2007
From our house to yours....
The boys are sleeping at their grandparents house -as they do every year. Yummy dinner, snacks, games and fun .. plus they get to stay up late! They have a great time and we are happy they are building those memories with their grandparents. Something they can look back on when they are older and be glad they did.
I have a moment like that.... I remember staying up all night at Aunt Lulu's house in Birmingham to watch Princess Di and Prince Charles get married. We toasted with champagne (which I developed quite a taste for, but it never tastes as good as I remember it being that night). At home I would never had stayed up to watch a TV program at 2 a.m. NEVER. But at Aunt Lulu's it was ok. I love that! I love that memory!
So Jon and I went to dinner out and were home by 7 p.m. We don't like to drive on NYE with all the crazy people out there. We watched some TV, surfed the net and are thinking about going to sleep. This is late for me, I don't like to stay up too late. I get grumpy. So ringing in the new year for me is much better done when I wake up -than at midnight.
Happy New Year everybody!
Posted by Betsey at 10:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey Betsey, I remember that night, too! I had the best time myself - having you and Brian visit was always so much fun. I forwarded to Roger to see if it's in his memory bank.
Aunt LuLu
Post a Comment