Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome to 2012!!

Happy New Year! I am so grateful that we made it to 2012. My family is strong, healthy and together --I couldn't ask for anything more.

I really miss blogging, so I am giving it another shot. I am not going to put pressure on myself about it so the topics may not be the most exciting and pictures will come when they do. The important part for me is the writing and sharing -that is what I crave, the mental stimulation and the documentation of my life.

I am 40 years old. I have never typed that before {deep breath}. I am totally good with that number. As I enter my 40's I am more confident, more sure of what I want and who I am and less worried about what others think. I wondered if I would feel more like a grown-up, but truthfully that depends on the day & situation. I am about to enter my third year as a jewelry lady with Premier Designs and I am so grateful to my friend Lori Zahn for talking me into coming to her jewelry show 3 years ago, it changed my life. Through my business I have grown as a woman, as a friend and as a child of God. I have experienced success, frustration and love. I have found a sisterhood of women who all strive to enrich the lives of others (and we get paid for it) and serve others. I am thankful that I get to be home with my boys when they are home, to experience all the moments I can as they grow up so fast.

Jonathan is entering his 2nd year working for the state. He enjoys his job and takes the RT downtown everyday. I don't know alot about what he does now versus what he did before.. but I do know he comes home happier and that is important to me.

Steven is a 1/2 way through his sophmore year at Jesuit. He doesn't like school as an idea because it requires him to get up & go somewhere. Yet he likes the environment and has made some good friends there. He is doing well, although the debate rages in our house often about doing well versus living up to your potential. He still hangs out with Josh and I love that they have a friendship that stands the test of time even though they attend different schools. He just left with Josh to go to the Kings game.

Jackson is in 7th grade and he spends lots of time "hanging out" with his friends. There is a group and they meet at the park and just hang out for hours. Sometimes walking to the other park, sometimes to Taco Bell or someone's house. They do not seem to want to be at someones house, more to have the freedom to roam. This is going ok so far.. although I keep an eye out for signs of mischief. He is in CJSF and currently in rehersal for the school play where he has a rather large part.


I am looking forward to 2012.. how about you?

0 comments: