I am pleased to say that I woke up this morning refreshed and ready to start my week. What a difference a weekend of rest makes after 2 weeks of feeling yucky.
Unfortunately, Jackson has been complaining (almost daily) of a stomach ache in the morning. I have been trying to be patient, cajoling him into getting up & moving, eating a little something and he is feeling better by the time we need to leave. I must admit however, that this is really energy draining on a good day and since I am not a morning person, it really gets my day going on the wrong path. I am now on a quest to figure out what is going on. My initial thought: stress. I wonder if my going back to work is causing the stomach pains.. I hope not, but he has endured a huge shift in his life without saying much at all. Second thought: allergies. I am going to run with this one because I know that any amount of gunk draining from my sinuses to my tummy make me feel icky. So I have started giving him a daily allergy pill to dry everything up.... please let there be a difference!
I spent a good chunk of time over the weekend planning our menu for March and getting the necessary grocery items to last us until my furlough day on Friday. I am keeping it penciled in until I see Steven's baseball schedule.. but at least I have a plan for now.
This week looks like this:
Monday: Carnitas, tortillas, refried beans, corn and maybe rice?
Tuesday: spaghetti with meatballs
Wednesday: Pot pie (made with (1)leftover carnitas (1) frozen turkey)
Thursday: tacos
Friday: Steven & Jonathan are headed to Stockton for a hockey game, they'll eat out, it's Friday so I 'll probably have scrambled eggs and Jack gets what he can find.
Saturday: sloppy joes (made on Thursday so only cooking beef 1x --plus they taste better after sitting in the sauce)
Sunday: Sausage and Peppers (make enough for another dinner later in the week)
Jonathan spent time getting the big freezer defrosted this weekend... I am hoping that is finished and it is ready to use by mid -week so I can take advantage of a great deal on meat that is coming up.
We went to Steven's team meeting on Sunday --looks like a good group of kids and parents. I am looking forward to the season -we are playing inter-league against 3 other leagues --so there should be some good competition. I ended up as the team mom (my friends volunteered me) but it should be pretty easy for this age group.. I got most of the work done yesterday.
Steven is participating in the St Baldrick's Fundraiser and will be shaving his head in solidarity with kids fighting cancer. The St. Baldricks Foundation uses donations to fund more in childhood cancer research grants than any other organization in the Unites States other than the US Government. You can go to his page if you are interested in donating and helping him reach his goal.
I decided over the weekend to host a Premier party at my house this upcoming Friday night to raise money for the fundraiser. Steven & Jonathan are headed to Stockton to see a hockey game and just Jackson & I are at home. I will be donating all of my profits from the show and any orders to Steven's St. Baldricks drive. So I am busy getting everything ready and excited to have an opportunity to help him, it is such a great cause.
Well I guess that is about everything... hope you all have a wonderful day!
Monday, March 01, 2010
Menu Plan Monday
Posted by Betsey at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Meat sale? Do share!
Can't wait to see Steven with his new 'do!
Message for Steven:
Steven,
I am so proud of you for helping kids who are battling cancer. I can't wait to see your haircut. I'm sure you'll be as handsome as ever! And...just in time for baseball season!
Love
Mimi
Message for Steven, You ROCK!!! I made a donation & hope you send me a pix. This is truly a selfless act and I'm also extremely proud of you - Hat's off to you! Love, Aunt Peg
Thanks for the messages Aunt Peg & Mimi.. I have passed them on to Steven! I am hoping to have the head shaving video once it is done on Monday the 15th.. stay tuned.
Post a Comment