So it is finally Friday! I have had a long week, but a good week. Getting up early is always hard for me and much harder coming off 8 weeks of sleeping til 8am... 6am is just sooooo early! But we've managed it for the most part -everyone is happier to get to bed a bit earlier each night. I know we are all looking forward to a relaxing weekend with nothing planned. That's not really true -but there is a lot of unscheduled time to look forward to.
I have 2 jewelry shows. One tonight and one tomorrow at 11. I am looking forward to them.. having gained practice and confidence over the last month. I have most everything ready to go (although there is a bit of tagging left to be done)... and am planning on having a 2 great shows.
Jackson has a basketball game tonight against his cousin Logan's team. I wish I could go -but I don't think the timing is going to work out with what time I have to be at my show. Jack's team is undefeated at this point (6-0) with 2 games left in the regular season... so I am sad I will miss it. He is understanding about it and that helps.
Steven has had 3 nights of grueling conditioning workouts for baseball. His coach is all about building and conditioning the bodies to build them into the baseball players they need to be. Those boys work HARD and no one complains --it is great to see them growing and learning together. He gets today & tomorrow off -but full field practice is Sunday late afternoon. I am not sure there could be a worse time to practice than Sunday at 5pm -but at least he gets to sleep in a bit and has all day today & tomorrow off to rest.
School seems to be going well. Homework is getting done, the boys are getting used to their classes and organized. Back to school nights are next week -so I'll get to see more then.
I had a long week of my own making. After taking Jack to school Monday -I went out to breakfast with some friends to celebrate the kids going back to school! We had a great time. Then I went to get my nails done and ran into another friend there -we chatted for quite a while. Took the dogs to the park, hit Curves and the kids were home. Tuesday I went to the movies with my mom and a couple of our friends to see Julie & Julia. I didn't expect much (read 1 of the books it is based on -the Julia Child one and was bored to tears) and found it to be quite entertaining and fabulous really. Stopped for lunch on the way home and got here just as Steven arrived home..day 2 gone!
Wednesday I worked around the house, went to Curves and had a coffee meeting to close out a jewelry show -then the day was over. Thursday I went to Curves and then to have coffee with another friend at her house -ended up staying most of the day. We hadn't really gotten together over the summer and we were enjoying catching up! Today... is another day and it is busy getting ready for my show.
The good news --we had dinners ready every night and the kitchen stayed clean. The laundry is almost all done.. so I accomplished some things.. next week will be better (less social anyway).
That said -gotta get going and get some things done!
Friday, August 14, 2009
A long week....
Posted by Betsey at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment